Bear Den Condominums.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Den Condominums.....

At the very back of Dog Salmon River Valley before going over to Wide Bay, if you take the very last draw on the right (Too the south) half way back, on the west side of the draw is 18 to 22 dens. They are at roughly the exact same elevation (in a straight line), roughly 12' to 20' apart. I have always wondered if it was the exact same bear over 20 years, or several generations of bears. It was an awesome find.

The stories I could Tell............
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    The stories I could Tell............
    But would they listen? i often say the same to my son, he rolls his eyes and wanders off. Oh for when they are little, but that in it's self is wishing for the good old days.
    squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

Shoot, I'm sure listenin'
      If you're not pulling our legs here, on the directions...

I'll be hiking in to get a look at all that, this summer, just for fun.
      pretty cool find, I guess so,......

Any more stories,..... I'm all ears
      Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Comment

Originally posted by kodiakrain View Post
        .... I'm all ears
        Me too....
        "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Where are the pics?
          http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Somebody could and should write a book. I would purchase and read it. They could supplement their retirement. Perhaps, if they chose to, they could have running hot and cold water. Perhaps a flush toilet?
            sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
              Somebody could and should write a book. I would purchase and read it. They could supplement their retirement. Perhaps, if they chose to, they could have running hot and cold water. Perhaps a flush toilet?
              Those amenities would make a man weak.
              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
              Bill Hicks

Comment

This sounds like a potential cool hike, but I have no idea where that is.

Comment

Kind of like the first guy that found the Gila cave dwellings in NM. I bet that was awesome too. Sounds like a great find. So how does a guy end up finding himself back there? Was it a planned trip, or a just a walk about that ended in a cool new spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Ak River Rat View Post

So how does a guy end up finding himself back there? Was it a planned trip, or a just a walk about that ended in a cool new spot?
                    Guiding a spring Brown Bear hunter.
                    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I thought the location was on the Big Island as my '12 spring tag is for Dog Salmon River. The USGS maps indicate this is really Dog Salmon Creek. The river is over on the Pen. Looks like a hump from hell to get into that valley. Guess that's why you pay the guides big bucks . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtofak View Post
                        Those amenities would make a man weak.
                        Why rough it when you can "smooth" it?
                        sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X