Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

compromised draw information!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • compromised draw information!!

    just got a letter from fish and game that me and my wifes personal information was compromised for the fish and game drawing information...someone got into it or something.
    curious if anyone else got this letter and thoughts on a state program tossin' your personal information all over the world...i'm not real happy about. no free tag either....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  • #2
    Lucky for me the State lost a bunch of retirement system records and now I have 5 years worth of top notch credit monitoring for FREE. They are just as careful with drawing info sounds like.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

    Comment


    • #3
      The wife and I received the same letters, seems like it was posted with the draw results.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm sure everyone will be the recipient of this letter. One each for the wife and I. A one tag choice for any hunt in the next ten years to spread out the impact I think is sufficient apology. I will now start compiling my list and narrowing it down to the top pick.

        AZinAK

        Comment


        • #5
          Got the letters today. Not real impressed that they would allow that information to be posted, but mistakes do happen with new systems.

          I would like a little better apology like AZ mentioned. Since it might come in the form of a first come, first serve basis, I'll just chime in now for my DI403 permit. My daughter will probably want the same, so just call it a party permit for both of us and we'll be good.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll be watching for Wiki-Leaks to post all your personal info! Gotta love our techy world.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jerod View Post
              Since it might come in the form of a first come, first serve basis, I'll just chime in now for my DI403 permit. My daughter will probably want the same, so just call it a party permit for both of us and we'll be good.
              I'm already on record as being OK with a DS123 tag for my wife and a DS133 tag for me as a settlement. I won't even charge 'em for lawyers fees.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jkb View Post
                Lucky for me the State lost a bunch of retirement system records and now I have 5 years worth of top notch credit monitoring for FREE. They are just as careful with drawing info sounds like.
                I'm in that same boat on the retirement thing and just got my letter from ADF&G today.

                Want my forgiveness? They can redeem themselves by forking over a Delta bison tag.
                Now what ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                  I'm already on record as being OK with a DS123 tag for my wife and a DS133 tag for me as a settlement. I won't even charge 'em for lawyers fees.
                  My lawyer is going for me also getting DS123, the week BEFORE your lovely lady...........Hehehehehehehe She is so going to harvest a dwarf.
                  "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jkb View Post
                    Lucky for me the State lost a bunch of retirement system records and now I have 5 years worth of top notch credit monitoring for FREE. They are just as careful with drawing info sounds like.
                    Yep! And yes, I got a letter from F & DA! There is no need to post your address on the web. All they need to post is your "hunter ID number" and what permit you won. Bunch of idiots in a circus really. We are in the year, 2011, no?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd be more than happy if old Rossi had them tags taken away that he won.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        figured i wasnt' alone it all this...seems like a lawsuit could come up from this if someones info gets used in the wrong place...hoped the state would be a little more carefull with something like this...i'm anticipating piles of spam mail now...
                        oh and my denali national park moose tag....
                        Www.blackriverhunting.com
                        Master guide 212

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yep, got one too.
                          Non-residents included in snafu...
                          Proud to be an American!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                            just got a letter from fish and game that me and my wifes personal information was compromised for the fish and game drawing information...someone got into it or something.
                            curious if anyone else got this letter and thoughts on a state program tossin' your personal information all over the world...i'm not real happy about. no free tag either....
                            Just to clarify, they did not say that anyone had "got into it or something". They just said that it was posted online for a short length of time (removed the same day it was posted). They are not sure if anyone downloaded or otherwise took the information.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              For good measure they also sent me a letter saying I was ineligible for next years draw because I didn't report on a registration hunt this winter! I DID report it via the website and got a confirmation email to boot...unfortunately we "upgraded" our 'puter to a Mac since I reported and I don't have a golden copy of the email any longer....
                              AKmud
                              sigpic


                              The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X