some spring bear/wolf hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some spring bear/wolf hunting

well the last couple weeks have been beautiful up here in the arctic. the bears are out and moving, the sheefish are biting, and the sun is out for about 15 hours. went out camping and got pretty lucky a black wolf and a nice pretty grizz about 2 days apart.
    Attached Files

looks like you are living the life. Congrats on some great success.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

Dreamy - way to go! I think I'm heading north of the Brooks this week for a look see. How was the hair on that black wolf and what caliber did you shoot it with - results? Great pictures!

Comment

Love the composition on the wolf photo. Congrats on a great hunt.
        "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

well....a little larger caliber on the wolf than i would have liked but i was kind of looking for bears...a .300 win mag. not too bad of a hole though kind of blew through it nothing you would ever notice after tanning. the wolf was in good shape as far as the fur no rubbed or thin spots yet but its in the 30's up here now and is supposed to be for a while and lots of sun so im guessing they are probably not going to be worth shooting pretty soon.

Comment

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. Great job no doubt!!!

Comment

Is that a McMurdo patch on your jacket? I bet you like the Arctic better than the Antarctic.
              Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Comment

Congrat's on the double!!
                sigpic

Comment

unfortunately never been to antarctica the patch comes with all the expedition canada-goose jackets i figured if the jackets are warm enough for anarctica they'd be great up here....best cold weather jacket i've ever had. if its any warmer than about 10 f you sweat.

Comment

I love this time of year up here!!!!!

Congrats on the success!!
                    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Comment

Nice Job, Congrats
                      That's some nice looking "Fur Down, on Snow," and good weather to beat
                      Thanks for the Pics
                      Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Comment

Beautiful animals for sure, the weather isn't bad either !

Comment

I dont know which to give you props on there!
                          Love them both!
                          Hey, what scope is that you have on that 300?

Comment

great photos, clear skis and nice critters, what distance were they at when you greased them? more info needed? looks like a great one for some popcorn and a beer!

Comment

Two very nice trophies, congrats!
                              Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X