Grizz Den - Nobody Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizz Den - Nobody Home

We went for a nice spring ride N. of FBKS yesterday and found a fresh den site. We were both too chicken to crawl inside and have a look see! We also spotted a sow with a cub that appeard to have just come out of their den site. Great day for a ride with the rifle.
    Attached Files

Here's a few more pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

I found a den once and did not know if it belong too a bear or wolf. I describe it to a biologist and there was one clue that proved it was a bear den. Do you know what the clue was?

Comment

seen quite a few bears out already, my buddy peeked into a den to see if anyone was home the other day. fortunately he narrowly escaped a mauling as a bear came charging out and started bouncing on his front feet and woofing a few feet from him. he managed to jump on his snowmachine just in time and speed away as the bear gave chase...he won't be checking dens again anytime soon....

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if I'm being set up? Besides the obvious (bear tracks, bear scat, bear inside, bear hair), I don't know. Whatcha got?

Comment

cjustinm: That's crazy! So did he get the bear? I'm guessing you meant "fortunately" he escaped a mauling...

Comment

nope it was unfortunate..he's an idiot....just kidding glad you caught that. no he didn't get the bear come to find out it was a sow with a couple of cubs in the den so now he's avoiding the whole area like the plague until they leave.

Comment

Wow, he's one lucky dude. I was nervous standing there taking pics of the den even after circling it a few times on the snogo and with the rifle in hand. I could see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutting Moose View Post
                  I found a den once and did not know if it belong too a bear or wolf. I describe it to a biologist and there was one clue that proved it was a bear den. Do you know what the clue was?
                  No bones or feet, etc. parts of eaten aninals around or in the den
                  "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                    No bones or feet, etc. parts of eaten aninals around or in the den
                    You’re 100% correct, that what I was told no animal parts. If it was any other animal there would have been bones, fur, feathers, etc.

Did you Google the answer, or did you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Rutting Moose View Post
                      You’re 100% correct, that what I was told no animal parts. If it was any other animal there would have been bones, fur, feathers, etc.

Did you Google the answer, or did you know?
                      No......42 years hunting and guiding in Alaska it is my job to know. It was a good question.
                      "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

No......42 years hunting and guiding in Alaska it is my job to know. It was a good question.
                        Same thing with eagle nests, 30 Whisky'Jack/Mag-Pie skulls, 30 Raven Skulls, 25 Squrrel tails, lots of pieces and parts.

Comment

I took a peeksy in a black bear den one time. Nothing but fish bones....and feces.

Comment

"No bones or feet, etc. parts of eaten aninals around or in the den". That makes perfect sense, I'll have to archive that in the memory banks.

Comment

Wow; how eciting. 42 years guiding & hunting in alaska; how lucky. kxj66ni

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X