Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the most amazing shot you have seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the most amazing shot you have seen?

some of us have been hunting more than others and have seen and made shots we are proud of what shot was the best you have seen?
    "Horns make pi$* poor soup"

The one I made with open sites at over 400 yards, lol. ( It really took me two shots to bring him down, the first hit him in the leg, the secound was a lung shot.) (338 a-bolt)

Thats not bragging, it was stupid of me to even try it being as we were in a valley, but I was pretty sure of myself back then.

Comment

when I was a kid I shot a rattle snake with a CO2 powered bb gun and killed the snake. The BB proceeded to ricochet off a rock after killing the snake then striking my mom in the butt about 45 feet away.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

Watching my hunting partner kill caribou with his 454 Ruger at 205 yards. No problems, just good shooting! Jim

Comment

I dumped a cackler at about 70 yards. There were 15 geese in a line, I lead the first one and the second to the back dropped. I was 13 shooting #4 out of my 20 gauge.

Comment

Was following a buddy on icy roads back in spring of 78 I believe hunting coyotes. He stopped and I could not and I tapped his back end. While I was checking for damage ( there was none as we had real bumpers back then ), my partner was siting up sandbags and a Rem700 40X in 7mm mag. I looked out across a field ( we were on a field road not a traveled roadway ) there was a small stream about 400 yards out - I said OK, what the heck are you going to shoot as I saw nothing??? He said coyote sitting there looking at us ?? HUH, there was about 4 in of snow and I saw NO coyote - I said OK where is he - he says other side of ditch - gulp - there was a spec of pepper out there that was a coyote sitting on its haunches feeling pretty safe. Crack - one, two, three, four - SMACK! I said how far, he says 600 plus! I said - OK, you shot YOU go get it!! It was 822 human paces!!! We figured 700 plus!!!
            When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

My hunting partner on Kodiak took a doe at 286 yards (range finder) I could not find a wound when we got to the deer. Then found he hit it in the eye.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
              Unknown author

Comment

I hit a flying chickadee at 89 yards with an open sighted 22 lr, I aimed about 5 inches over him, lead him about 2 1/2 feet, shot( I waited till he was in front of a long brush pile and in a very safe direction) and the feathers flew, then his buddy landed on a stump 140 yards out, and poped a round off and hit in too

Now, before you go wringing me out, the stupid bids were eating all our strawberries and we were loosing alot of money.
                Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

and one time, last summer with in a month of the bird shoot, with the same 22 lr, I hit 2, 6 inch baloons, I shot each, one at 210 yards, one 175 yards.
                  Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

I saw a deer my old man shot when I was a kid a white tail doe she was broadside about 40 yards with her head behind a tree whe he released she whipped her head around and the arrrow went in her eye and down her neck.........she accually ran for about 30 yds and went down in a brush pile it wasnt what he meant to do but it was cool to see
                    "Horns make pi$* poor soup"

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck6883 View Post

what shot was the best you have seen?
                      I was hauling a load of gravel south out of Anchorage, maybe 9 or 10 years ago. It was graduation night for the seniors the night befor. As I went past Potters Marsh at about 5:AM at the very end of the boardwalk was 5 young ladies that were Mooning the traffic and giggling their butts off. That was the best shot I ever saw.
                      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I was 11 years old. I had made a bow. (actually almost chopped off my finger cause I had a big kitchen carving knife and when I could'nt saw the end of the stick I gave it a swing and missed. )

Anyway, I got the bow made, cut down a branch and made an arrow. A couple days later I was "hunting" up came a Patridge, Just flung the arrow and down the bird came.I still have that scar on my finger.Patridge was the first mom ever cooked but I ate it all.

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                          I was hauling a load of gravel south out of Anchorage, maybe 9 or 10 years ago. It was graduation night for the seniors the night befor. As I went past Potters Marsh at about 5:AM at the very end of the boardwalk was 5 young ladies that were Mooning the traffic and giggling their butts off. That was the best shot I ever saw.

Yah right.. Graduation night for the seniors.. oohh you mean those ladies who were 65+ in age... I feel sorry for ya, that image must be burned into your mind and soul now.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

In 1969 I was hiking on Kodiak Island with 5 friends, I was carring an O3A3 30-06, two Ptarmigan flew up at about 40 yards across the hill side. I pulled the rifle to my sholder, fired once, then again, one of the guys went up and picked up the two headless birds, I had shot off the heads with the 220 grain Nosler partition bullets, I still have a picture of the birds hanging from the back of my daypack.

Comment

I was deer hunting in Idaho a few years ago... the deer weren't moving so i decided to move myself. I was driving up this trail and out in the sage brush i spot 2 fool hens about 15 yards from the "road" I pulled out the ruger .22 pistol I would "just try to scare them" I surprised myself when at the first shot the first bird floped down, then I took aim at the second one and shot... a clean miss I thought thats more like me, it just stood there so I shot again and got him too. Then a third bird flew up and landed about 75 yards out, I thought no way... I pulled up and shot that one as well. I impressed myself.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X