bear sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bear sign

Has anyone see any sign of bears waking up yet?

Heard a warning to those Shee fishing North of Kotzebue about a Browngrizz heading west over the AM Radio, couple days ago......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

Theres been a couple threads about bear activity. Just look down the list and you'll see one.

For S.E. Alaska there is a S.E. Bear Hunting 2010 thread....I've posted a bit of info about my intel there.

Comment

Been told of tracks on JBER, but haven't seen anything other than a wolf.

Comment

Have always wanted to make a trip to SE. Living in Anchorage working with the airline kills my off time. Pics were great

Comment

Had a birder report a mother and two cub blacks near the Potter Marsh area on Sunday.
            Go Big Red!

Comment

Was up in the Knik mountains Saturday in a fresh layer of snow. And only saw moose tracks, no signs of bear
              NRA life Member JVJ

Comment

For the most part, In the interior its still a couple of weeks away.

Comment

I am starting to see fresh barrel tracks.........Hehehehehe
                  "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

In my experience, the larger bears are out of the den, during the warm of the day. They are not traveling far, and return in the evening to rest. Over the years i have seen bears out in the Alaska Range in late March depending on the warm weather. The are neither very active, nor overly mobile as their metabolisms are still warming back up.
                    squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

Got a report of a sow with cubs around cambell airstrip.
                      "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

The ones on the southern slopes will feel the heat of the sun and will come out and sun themselfs for a bit and then will climb back into there den.

When the weather gets warm enough that the melt off makes thier home a water hole and they are not comfortable there is when they will start to get out and start to explore the new grass. ( anybody see any new grass yet? LOL,) ( talking the interior)

The sows will stay closer to the dens for awhile to take care of the cubs, the boars will be a little more adventurious.

Watch for the plugs, then watch your ass, lol, they are hungry,lol

Comment

I was up to the top of Bear Mountain yesterday. Beautiful weather, clear and lots of sunshine with temps 25 - 35. Lots of snow and ice on the approach but south side of the peak snow free and pretty warm ... but windy. Occ fresh moose tracks but no bear sign - was surprised as I anticipated at least some tracks. I would anticipate a lot of sightings in the next week or two if the warm weather continues.
                          "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Comment

Oddly The first bear sign I generally see; is on the shoulder of the Hope Road. That is where the first Greens show up, and with the shoulders still soft tracks are easy to spot. About 6 times a day I glass all the hillsides expecting to see bears first up in the snowfields. As I say more often than not the first sign that I see is when walking on the road shoulder. I did go down to the beach Tuesday, and walked the beach, but no sign. I also hiked down "Bear'Bait Alley" and only encountered barrel tracks. It is some much fun this time of year to track the "Barrels" to there little hide'aways.
                            "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

heading out tomorrow up to areas 14 and 16 to glass the areas and maybe stumble across a early spring fuzzy friend. I will take photos and a report of what I see (no snow machine or quad as I will be humping it back into the bush).

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X