Mounted in Alaska!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted in Alaska!!!

Knight's Taxidermy from here in Anchorage has a new show on the History Channel. Check it out: http://www.history.com/shows/mounted-in-alaska

Brett

Its a cool show. that lion turned out good, but for $8500 it better. I plan on making my way up to Big Lake soon to take a look at that polar bear. I had several kids in my class talking about it, one of them didn't know mounts didn't have animal parts inside of them.

Comment

Caught two episodes and like it so far. Production format is nothing unique as its a template used on many shows but I like the personalities and topic. Wasn't sure how they were going to pull this one off stuffing dead animals but so far its interesting.
      Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Comment

I'm fairly certain that he's gonna loose a lot of business after the first couple of shows. The polar bear looked horrible, and the lion...was embarassing. I realize he was working with a turd for the polar bear, but still...that was awful. If you notice there was NEVER any shot of the face at less than 20'. And the lion....ugh..... It's been said a lot: the face is the true skill part of taxidermy, and there was no skill used on that lion. Looked like the old cartoons of when the cat gets teh canary...
        I'm going to guess that their "very important custom" with a "trophy of a lifetime" isn't going to be thrilled when he sees his critter get handed off to the new guy.
        Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Comment

after seeing that bear and lion Id never take anything to them, the lions was a discrace to say the least.

Comment

Can't comment on the show, haven't seen it. Russ's work on my game has been excellent in the past though....no complaints.
            BK
            BK Marine Services 232-6399
            Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
            Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
            Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

I'm with Ak22, HORRIBLE work. That lion was the worse. I was told long ago to stay away from that shop. Glad I listened..

Comment

Originally posted by akhunter02 View Post
                after seeing that bear and lion Id never take anything to them, the lions was a discrace to say the least.
                I'm with you. The lion looked more like bill the cat vs. the king of the jungle
                Attached Files
                In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Can't believe it is even a show. I guess $$ goes to a guys head! I'll pass on Knight's also!

Comment

I'm glad they aren't my taxidermist for big game, but for the fish, I really liked the rice paper salmon artwork, and the finished product on the kids silver was pretty nice. I thought they did a good job on the crab as well.

Comment

I'm not so sure as to there quality of work after looking at the Lion the other night on the show.
                      Originally posted by Jerod View Post
                      I'm glad they aren't my taxidermist for big game, but for the fish, I really liked the rice paper salmon artwork, and the finished product on the kids silver was pretty nice. I thought they did a good job on the crab as well.
                      May God Bless The USA!
                      If you don't study and understand history, your doomed to repeat it!

Comment

I hate to say it but I will, I was not impressed with the work I witnessed via the show. I have seen work from them in person and have never had a negative thought regarding the art. The show really did seal the deal for me, I will not be using them in the future. It's more to do with the staff than anything but they certainly seemed like a bunch of clowns handling other people's memories.

Comment

IMO the lion and bear are horrible. Even my wife commented on how bad they looked... the crab was o.k. and the salmon art was good.

Comment

Originally posted by jnalaska View Post
                            The show really did seal the deal for me, I will not be using them in the future. It's more to do with the staff than anything but they certainly seemed like a bunch of clowns handling other people's memories.
                            Very common when you look behind the scenes of any business......it's whether or not the owner will tolerate it.

Comment

I can't speak for the lion, I did think the pose looked ackward. As far as the bear is concerned, did you take a close look at it before they started? Anything would be an improvement and there was no way anyone could have made it look like an original mount. There was a lot of damamge to it. I'm not sure anyone couold have done any better. He's done a few things for me and I've been at his place many times. Allt he work I've seen is excellent and I would use him again. Its a reality TV show which means nothing is real.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X