Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOG Approves nonres moose hunt in 16B - talk about stirring emotions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 323 View Post
    How is this dissapointing? Only way to hunt that unit is A. By boat need a big one to get across the inlet or B. by plane, plain and simple. If there are moose their good luck finding them in that thick @$$ country. We ran that river I won't tell you which one but we ran it, we glassed not one moose saw a **** load of bear tracks. I can't wait for the 1st person to pipe in saying you don't need a big boat I would not run the inlet in anything smaller than 20 footer and that is being brave. During calm water yeah no probelms when we went across thier were 4 foot swells and well I figured I was going to die that night LOL but we made it across. Also I'm not a boat expert where is broncoformudv at...
    Crossing the inlet in a boat isn't the only way to get to 16B

Comment

Anyone know how the individual board members voted? By the way 323 go by Regal Air or Trailridge during hunting season and watch how many residents fly over here to hunt, you can bet the farm they will be doing like Marc said about updating their sites to bring in non-residents.
      Chuck

Comment

OldJohn's right. You can hit it from the Su/Yetna too. My buddy has a cabin up that way and the moose huntin' is and has been ugly for awhile. 'rat's right, this decision doesn't make a lot of sense.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
          Post #6 by Squab.....
          ...and just about one month ago (or was it two), under your other forum name, Akres, you were praising the members of this Board Of Game.
          Sir? are you Daft? I was certain our email on this site, were clearly understandable, to even the simplest of minds. I do not care for what you infer. I am an old man, with a long history in this state, and have little desire for your shenanigans.
          squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

Okay sure the Su and Yetna go further south I will give you a hint launch out of kenai and shoot across you will get the idea where we went in at. I wouldn't waste my time with unit 16 for moose anyhow that is the last option.

Comment

i said plane as well or launch out of the Deshka landing and go that way or be the baddest mofo ever break your own trail in and cross the Kahiltna river. But I figure that would take several weeks to do that LOL. I do know this you are not going to drop a 4 wheeler and drive in unless you do what I said before and bust a trail in and cross several rivers at that.

Comment

Originally posted by squab View Post
                Sir? are you Daft? I was certain our email on this site, were clearly understandable, to even the simplest of minds. I do not care for what you infer. I am an old man, with a long history in this state, and have little desire for your shenanigans.
                I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by squab View Post
                  Sir? are you Daft?
                  Are you British?

Comment

bs I tell ya... but on a good note hard as heck area to moose in 16b
                    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

The dollar controls everything. Anything to bring another dime to the state. F&G continues to stoop to new lows.
                      "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Comment

Originally posted by akmike30 View Post
                        bs I tell ya... but on a good note hard as heck area to moose in 16b
                        Non-residents won't know that all they will see is a relatively cheap Alaska moose hunt.
                        Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by hiline View Post
                          Non-residents won't know that all they will see is a relatively cheap Alaska moose hunt.
                          Yep, they can stay in Anchorage and get a cheap transporter flight out or easily hit it from the Kenai too.

Which way do we go boys?

Comment

So why do you guys care? The chances of any of you hunting over there slim to none. What non-residents do go over will be dissapointed. I would be the first one to tell them they are wasting there money. I really don't care if non-residents want to go over there sit in camp bush whack there way to high ground. Again wasted money for a camping trip. What sucks for the do it yourself moose non-resident hunter they are going to see alot of brown bear and can't shoot them.

Comment

We often speak of non-residents like they are the anti-christ or something. They are hunters and many are spending their hard earned money for that once in a lifetime hunt. I get that hunters in Alaska do not want non-residents infringing on their hunting grounds but at the same time, is it really right to screw them for the almmighty dollar?

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineEarl View Post
                                Are you British?
                                akres will not take kindly to a suggestion that he is british.
                                sigpic

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X