Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinnamon Colored Black Bears.........Where in Alaska...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinnamon Colored Black Bears.........Where in Alaska...?

I have only ever seen one Cinnamon colored Black Bear in Alaska. Where have you seen Cinnamon colored Black Bears in Alaska...?:question::question::question:
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

There were quite a few taken around the Fairbanks area last year I say around as this is the F&G location where they got sealed.

Comment

a buddy of mine and I were hunting straight across from Homer in Chinapoot bay and he shot a small cinnamon bear.We called the taxidermist before we took it in and were told there was know way we could have shot a color phased bear, they don't exist in those parts.He could not believe it when we brought it in.

Comment

Copper Basin and upper Tanana here. Don't know that it matters. Probably are all over.

Comment

Originally posted by mod elan View Post
          Copper Basin and upper Tanana here. Don't know that it matters. Probably are all over.
          I don't think they are all over if in 41 years I have only seen one.
          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

lots of color phase blackies in northern southeast...lots. chocolate, cinammon, black (lots with white chest markings, but not always...) and blond...

near yakutat one spring, i spotted mostly jet black bears with little of the normal brown muzzle markings (as little as five or six in well over a hundred bear spotted)...never saw a blue color phase bear unfortunately...but boy, some bruisers in that country.

Comment

1st bear i ever shot in AK was a cinnamon. right here in the interior. seen a dandy on the game camera once too. he was imressive. chocolate like a lab.

Comment

I have actually seen quite a few cinnamon blackies in unit 13. I am not going to be any more specific than that. Some day I would like to go back there and get one myself. It was in an area I used to guide at and it was somewhat remote. Sorry I am not going to give away any more clues. I am afraid someone will figure it out.

Comment

have seen cinnamon blackies near tyonek and beluga across the inlet...friend of mine killed one over bait 2 years back in that area
                  sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Took one in Valdez about seven years ago.

Comment

I've seen quite a few in our neck of the woods. I shot one in the Misty Fiord area and so did my son.
                      Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

We had a cinnamon cub at our bait last year.
                        Attached Files
                        Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Comment

Originally posted by MNViking View Post
                          We had a cinnamon cub at our bait last year.
                          Too bad the mom had cubs. She has a nice coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                            Too bad the mom had cubs. She has a nice coat.
                            Actually, I take that back. Is that a little bit of rub on her right front shoulder?

Comment

Some years I will see 50% cinammon's and other years not so much. My daughter shot a 6'8" cinammon a few years ago. Big old bear!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X