No announcement yet.

Kodiak Deer Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I lived on Kodiak, my biggest three bucks came off the road system. But remember, unless you go out to the Saltery river and cross it, you're only allowed one deer. And if you take one anywhere else, such as across the Saltery River, you then can't legally hunt the road system. So if you want more than one deer, and want to hunt anywhere on the road system, do your hunting on the road system first, then cross the Saltery River. I've heard that now you have to go a ways, cuz that area gets hit hard by locals on quads, but when I lived there, I used to hike up into the low hills just a ways past the river. They are small foothills to the higher ridges. There's some swamp and beaver ponds and a quite a bit of alders, but lots of openings. There's a big high long ridge that heads over towards Wild Creek, and you can get up on it and glass for a long ways. There's always the chance of finding a big buck up on the ridge too. Kinds steep getting up, but do-able.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Comment

Here's a land use map that helps figure out where private and public land is.

http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/planning/e...k/indexmap.htm
      An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
      - Jef Mallett

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X