X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oakman View Post
    They have the schedule up for 2011 now.

http://greatalaskasportsmanshow.com/

Looks like the usual stuff. It seems like they should freshen it up a little more on a year to year basis.

Personally I'll be looking for a new rifle. Does anyone remember if any vendors had good deals on rifles the last year or two?
    Actually, they do change from year to year. They get worse.

Somehow, the idea of paying people ($11.00) to advertise to me, gets less and less appealing each year.

As to the Rifle, there's a Gun Show at the Palmer fairgrounds this weekend.

There's probably, not gonna be very many rifles sold at the Sportsmans Show. There may be only 1 or 2 booths that sell rifles, if that many.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty of the North View Post
      What "Principal" would that be?

Are they taking a stand against the 21st Century?

Smitty of the North
      The principle is simply that he won't allow anyone to go into high interest debt for a firearm, fishing pole or hunting gear. They will do layaway if you are interested and when you walk out of the shop with it your item is yours at the price you agreed to pay for it and not 20% more in revolving interest.

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
        The principle is simply that he won't allow anyone to go into high interest debt for a firearm, fishing pole or hunting gear. They will do layaway if you are interested and when you walk out of the shop with it your item is yours at the price you agreed to pay for it and not 20% more in revolving interest.
        I agree its a nice thought and all, but isn't more up to the buyers responsibility not the seller on who is and isn't capable of paying for it?

Me thinks its has more to do with the 3% credit card fees the card companies charge the business than the "not doing out of the goodness of their hearts"

Comment

Went to the Sportsmans Show in Kansas City this past year. More $, more junk, and seminars well nothing of value. Parking well you pay more for that unless you are willing to walk a distance. From the shows I've been to in WA, NY and KS the Anchorage one is by far the best.

Comment

I'll attend one of these shows when they come up w/ a testosterone repellent. Wait, maybe thats what they had in mind when they invented the .44mag ...I do like some of the bimbos running around though. If I see the Mat-Su Blue Ribbon Sportsman booth I may have to pay them knuckleheads a visit and try to recoup some of my squandered tax dollars
            sigpic

I'm taking a poll
            <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

He's probably not too interested in dealing with Visa, Master Card, American Express, etc. From what I understand, they're as tough to deal with as a business as a customer. They charge 3% on all transactions. I've been to gun shops before that have a 10% discount if you pay in cash (which I would always do).

Comment

He's probably not too interested in dealing with Visa, Master Card, American Express, etc. From what I understand, they're as tough to deal with as a business as a customer. They charge 3% on all transactions. I've been to gun shops before that have a 10% discount if you pay in cash (which I would always do).
                I'm more interested in using my DEBIT card, not the CREDIT card. The Debit card has money in the bank already. If I was going to go on a spending spree at the show, I wouldn't want to carry 3-4K around with me in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by skydiver_99654 View Post
                  I'm more interested in using my DEBIT card, not the CREDIT card. The Debit card has money in the bank already. If I was going to go on a spending spree at the show, I wouldn't want to carry 3-4K around with me in my pocket.
                  Then carry a check book

Comment

So you give a 10% discount so you can avoid paying 3% to a merchant vendor service
                    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

I like the heros that refuse to use the old credit card. Thats good for you but some of us like to splurge beyond our means.
                      Last edited by Brian M; 03-23-2011, 09:24.
                      sigpic

I'm taking a poll
                      <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                        So you give a 10% discount so you can avoid paying 3% to a merchant vendor service
                        Ever think they give the 10% off for cash because they are self employed and do not want to report the income?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowwolfe View Post
                          Ever think they give the 10% off for cash because they are self employed and do not want to report the income?
                          Certianly is a fair amount of that going on, but I prefer to believe that everybody abides by the rules.
                          Last edited by Brian M; 03-23-2011, 09:23.
                          In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Fullbush
                            I like the new CDFU and the redneck stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                              Perhaps the extra 7% is for not having to deal with the credit card companies?
                              Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Comment

Having not run a business before, I can only speculate....but, I think it would be better to have your money right away rather than wait days, weeks or months to get your money with 3% deducted. One of the secrets to how Wal-Mart and Sam's Club make so much money is they delay paying their vendors for 1-2 months. This pisses them off, but they can't fight it because they want their products on the shelves of so many stores. These credit card companies are so big that you can't fight them either. You just have to play by their rules because the vast majority of your customers pay with plastic (either credit or debit).

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X