X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Great Alaskan Sportsman Show

They have the schedule up for 2011 now.

http://greatalaskasportsmanshow.com/

Looks like the usual stuff. It seems like they should freshen it up a little more on a year to year basis.

Personally I'll be looking for a new rifle. Does anyone remember if any vendors had good deals on rifles the last year or two?

Originally posted by oakman View Post
    Personally I'll be looking for a new rifle. Does anyone remember if any vendors had good deals on rifles the last year or two?
    The Boondock Sporting Goods booth would be my first stop if looking for a rifle. They're inclined to offer some pretty screaming deals at the show.

Comment

freshen it up with what?! i quit going to the show several years ago..just wasn't worth the money to get in the door.
      Www.blackriverhunting.com
      Master guide 212

Comment

A few of the things that irritate me are the booths for vendors that don't seem to have anything to do with the outdoors. I understand having a few bank or credit union booths there to finance people buying a new boat or something. I could do without all the other junk. Keep it to fishing, hunting, building cabins, etc.

It seems like the exact same lineup every year on the seminars. Sure would be nice to see them change at least 25% of those every year. I work with a group that does a conference up here every year. They turn away good speakers if they have been here a few years in a row just for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
          The Boondock Sporting Goods booth would be my first stop if looking for a rifle. They're inclined to offer some pretty screaming deals at the show.
          Right on...but don't plan on paying with plastic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
            Right on...but don't plan on paying with plastic!!
            I have a lot of respect for them not taking plastic. In this day and age that is a big limiter on sales and they do it simply on principle.

Comment

events and seminars

Originally posted by oakman View Post
              They have the schedule up for 2011 now.

http://greatalaskasportsmanshow.com/

Looks like the usual stuff. It seems like they should freshen it up a little more on a year to year basis.
              Though I like perusing the booths and BSing, the Events and Seminars are what I usually plan my trip around.

I notice their web site isn't finished. None of their links work to the Events and seminars other than the one general one to the whole PDF file of all events. Looks good though; there's a new one or two in there I think. And our local forum owner here has a different topic to speak on this year too.

Comment

Even after many years of buying guns from Boondocks; I forget the no plastic rule to this day. It makes me think more clearly when I count out the C-notes. It also helps sneaking the gun in and no paper trail to get me busted from the wife. (HA)
                Quod Dominus Noster Jesus

Comment

My wife told me last night we needed to add a second kayak to the family for this summer, so I'll likely be looking for something in that area.
                  Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                    My wife told me last night we needed to add a second kayak to the family for this summer, so I'll likely be looking for something in that area.
                    mokai man will probably be there again; I hear his are even faster this year!

Comment

I'll be going to the Sportmans show at the spots complex in Wasilla (I refuse to call it the Curtis Menard Sports Complex) this weekend
                      sigpic

I'm taking a poll
                      <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

I'm disappointed ADF&G isn't presenting the rockfish seminar - unless I missed it. That was really interesting, helped me learn about and use what will hopefully be a very effective tool for releasing rockfish with some survivability. I did watch the canning seminar last year - I think it is good if you haven't canned before, but not very useful if you're experienced at canning. I always like watching the footage at Batin's "Underwater Secrets" seminar and Beath's "Trophy Halibut" seminar, though Beath is a bit of a salesman. I'm interested in what he has to say about keeping dogfish off your line!

Plus it's fun to see what new gadgets are there that I can't live without. Mostly, it's a rite of passage from winter into spring. Just lifts my spirits.

BTW, if you want the good deals at Boondock, go early (Thurs, no later than Fri). They go fast, and when the stock is gone, they DON'T bring any more in!

Comment

I always look forward to lucky times lotto squirrel never spent a dollar there never will.......but I stop and smile every year =)
                          if you wait to the lasdt minute it only takes a minute.....

Comment

Its worth going just for the free chew! I always run into people I want to talk to there and it's cheaper family entertainment than going to a movie so I'll be going again.

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                              I have a lot of respect for them not taking plastic. In this day and age that is a big limiter on sales and they do it simply on principle.
                              What "Principal" would that be?

Are they taking a stand against the 21st Century?

Smitty of the North
                              Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
                              Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
                              You can't out-give God.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X