Upgrading non-resident hunting tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading non-resident hunting tags

I just moved back to Alaska and I am struggling with being a non-resident! I was wondering if anyone knows if I purchase a nonresident black bear tag and am unsucessful if I can upgrade the tag to a moose tag?

Page 10 of the regs says, " a big game tag may be used for for specias of equal or lesser value" meaning, if you bought a moose tag for 400 bucks, then you could use it on a bear, because the bear tags are worth 225 dollars. If I were you, I owuld buy a moose tag, and if you didn't shoot a bear, you could still use the tag on moose. hope this helps!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

I do not know if you can "upgrade" to a moose tag if you decide to buy a bear tag and don't get a bear, but a call the the ADF&G should clear that up...sometimes they don't know anything though..lol
        Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

The only wat you can upgrade is to buy a moose tag. You can't trade the bear tag in and credit for it.
          Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
          - Frank Zappa

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X