Kudos for Alaska Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos for Alaska Outdoors

Caught Alaska Outdoors for the first time yesterday (Dall Sheep episode). Wanted to give it and the two guys who were in it a big thumbs up.

I'm not a huge fan of hunting TV & videos for a numbers of reasons and don't generally watch them. That being said, this show reminded me of those done by Fred Bear & later those of the Wensel bros. back in the 80s./early 90s. It captured two good friends who were having a great time despite their trip being snakebit by weather and overshooting of the area (legally but selfishly & greedily to my mind) of a G/O.

Just wanted to tell the guys doing this show great job...

I have caught three of them now. Oddly enough, each time it was when I was just flipping through the channels looking for something to watch. The duck hunting show, the deer hunting show and the dall sheep show. All were well done and I enjoyed them.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by NDTerminator View Post
      Caught Alaska Outdoors for the first time yesterday (Dall Sheep episode). Wanted to give it and the two guys who were in it a big thumbs up.

I'm not a huge fan of hunting TV & videos for a numbers of reasons and don't generally watch them. That being said, this show reminded me of those done by Fred Bear & later those of the Wensel bros. back in the 80s./early 90s. It captured two good friends who were having a great time despite their trip being snakebit by weather and overshooting of the area (legally but selfishly & greedily to my mind) of a G/O.

Just wanted to tell the guys doing this show great job...
      Thanks guys. Appreciate the thumbs up. There's no doubt we've made a few blunders along the way, caught some flak from a few serious duck hunters regarding our classy duck calling skills (pretty sure they were laughing at us and not with us):whistle: but for the most part its been an experience and a lot of fun. We're not trying to sell you anything fancy other than a good ole Alaskan time. If you have a chance, send Outdoor Channel your feedback and help bring the show back nationally for a second season.

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ShowFe...g&showId=14909

For those in Canada the show starts April on the WildTV network.

Thanks, and be sure to find us on Facebook for weekly updates.
      Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Comment

They have became my favorite show.Good job guys, lets see some bear hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by tdelarm View Post
          Thanks guys. Appreciate the thumbs up. There's no doubt we've made a few blunders along the way, caught some flak from a few serious duck hunters regarding our classy duck calling skills (pretty sure they were laughing at us and not with us):whistle: but for the most part its been an experience and a lot of fun. We're not trying to sell you anything fancy other than a good ole Alaskan time. If you have a chance, send Outdoor Channel your feedback and help bring the show back nationally for a second season.

It would be my pleasure to give you guys some support...

That 170 reminded me of the old 150 I learned to fly in. Get to know your pax real well in those tight suckers...

Don't sweat the classic calling skills. I grew up in southern Minn with a 12 gauge pump in my hands hunting waterfowl, and have lived out here in ND where waterfowling is king, for better than three decades now. Despite all that experience I cannot for the life of me produce a mallard feeding chuckle. Still, my two labs average roughly 150 marks a piece per season...

Now honkers, I can run a a short reed honker call well enough...

Comment

I just cast my vote to the Outdoor channel. Great show! I look forward to it every week! Keep em' coming.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rudedog View Post
              I just cast my vote to the Outdoor channel. Great show! I look forward to it every week! Keep em' coming.......
              TKS Rudedog! Today on Outdoor Channel we float trip for moose calling in a 62' bull. It was a nice start to a long fun week. Here's the link again for leaving feedback on the show for Outdoor Channel.

Comment

BEARS, BEARS, BEARS please.

Comment

Tdelarm,

Your PM is full.

Randy

Comment

Great Show, professionally done, always appreciated.
                    But, less fish, more hunts, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwinkle50 View Post
                      Tdelarm,

Your PM is full.

Randy
                      REALLY? I'll clean it out. TKs. -Tim

Comment

REALLY? I'll clean it out. TKs. -Tim

WOW! Didn't realize how many PMs I missed recently. The box is cleaned out. Please try again if you had a question about any of the hunting/fishing trips we've aired and I'll help out where I can.

Comment

One of my favorite shows! Glad to see it on national TV. I would like to see less fishing and more hunting though. Maybe a black bear bowhunt, bait or spot/stalk. Nonetheless an awesome show.

Comment

I voted, keep 'em coming.

I like how the show doesn't always turn out as planned. They don't always get the moose, the fish or bear. I'm pretty sure they did a black bear hunt on Prince William Sound.

They visit places that I have hunted or fished, and some places I want to. To me, this is a pretty real take on Alaska outdoors. Hunting, fishing, flying, snow machines, scuba diving, or boating. They are a lot like the guys I like to play with.
                            Live life and love it
                            Love life and live it

Comment

Wait so you are one of the people on the show????.....AWESOME!!!
                              There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X