Black Bear Sighting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Bear Sighting!!

Sort of... My mom lives up at the end of O'Malley and has fresh black bear tracks in her yard from today sometime. I'll try to get a pic before they melt away.

Comment

Guess its a good thing I got the ol bear thumper sighed in this afternoon!
      Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Man that gets my blood pumping. Can't wait for the majority to get up.

Comment

you sure it's a blackie?
          Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

I seen a black bear on Friday (driving home from work). I work in Nikiski. I couldn't believe my eyes ... but that's what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by tboehm View Post
              you sure it's a blackie?
              No, but they usually have black bears hanging around. We set up a game cam in their yard last summer and only see blacks. Keep in mind, this isn't back in the woods, this is very much in town.

Comment

i'm not seeing a bear track there....
                Www.blackriverhunting.com
                Master guide 212

Comment

and certainly not a fresh one.

maybe he's been de-clawed???

Comment

Had tracks in my yard this weekend in Sterling. The sun had melted them out a bit so not sure if black or brown, but for sure a sow and cub.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrex13 View Post
                      Looks to me like a bear track on top of a moose track. I see no obvious claw marks so my assumption would be this track is from a black bear.
                      If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Comment

i'm gonna go with melted out moose track....and thats it.
                        Www.blackriverhunting.com
                        Master guide 212

Comment

way to go BRWBR everyone was grabbing thier guns pulling there selds out and about to go take off looking for Bears. You come along and break everyones hearts LOL..

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most critters leave more than one track?
                            In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                              correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most critters leave more than one track?
                              Known as Pogo Bears, one species of south-central Alaskan bear is known for hopping around on one foot, leaving a distinct single track pattern. Should be confused with neither Yogi Bears nor Yogi Berras. "Hey, hey, Boo Boo! If the people don't want to come to the game, nobody is going to stop them."
                              Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X