Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
    6. Is what "reportable to fish and game"? Fish and feathers is the ones that posted the addresses for all to see beyond that they are not a law enforcement organization. How would they "monitor" the situation? A call to homeland security for a wire tap is probably out of their jurisdiction....
    Maybe a letter to F&G requesting that they not post our addresses. Thank goodness mine's our PO Box.
    Lurker.

Comment

I second that

Originally posted by COtoAK View Post
      Maybe a letter to F&G requesting that they not post our addresses. Thank goodness mine's our PO Box.
      There is no good reason that F&G has for posting everyone's addresses in the public, that applied for a hunting permit. Likely (I'm guessing) the reason they do it is so that that don't get overwhelmed by people that would ask them for the info anyway, for the purposes of soliciting said people for guide services, gear, etc..... What a great mailing list to use for someone doing mass solicitation of outdoor goods/services!

But, not a good reason, imo. But I'm just one guy. F&G should keep our personal info private, not public, I say. What say you?

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
        There is no good reason that F&G has for posting everyone's addresses in the public, that applied for a hunting permit.es!

But, not a good reason, imo. But I'm just one guy. F&G should keep our personal info private, not public, I say. What say you?
        It could leave them liable if something wierd like stalking occured. Say Someone was hiding from a deranged ex and they found them through this list. In this day of identity theft, it isn't a good idea either.

The only reasonable reason I can come up with for them doing it is so that someone might see a name they recognize as a non res who is claiming residency and hopefully they would turn them in. But even that doesn't justify throwing people's addresses out there into internet land.
        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
        - Jef Mallett

Comment

Originally posted by twodux View Post
          It could leave them liable if something wierd like stalking occured. Say Someone was hiding from a deranged ex and they found them through this list. In this day of identity theft, it isn't a good idea either.

The only reasonable reason I can come up with for them doing it is so that someone might see a name they recognize as a non res who is claiming residency and hopefully they would turn them in. But even that doesn't justify throwing people's addresses out there into internet land.
          One reason they do it is so all the transporters and land owners can contact and try to get your business. I already got two letters from transporters.
          "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Well, one thing i have found Tromping around this state over the years, is that people really dislike change.
            squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

Curious who the transporters are? Weighing my otions. Wouldn't think any pilots would commit this early that time of year?

Tried accessing this area several times before without much luck. Once from the Parks Highway, Rex Trail mid Novembe and once from Birch Lake,Tanana River at high water which was an interesting experience! November should creat entirely different beast, looking forward to the oppurtunity to try again. Not one to give up that easily. Hear there's some nice bulls!!

Comment

I too got a letter in the mail today...was probably in route since we have been having weather issues and not getting mail. Tried the link to the map...would not connect... found it at the following:

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu.../pdf/dm766.pdf

Looks like ther will be several of us looking for access come November...

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X