Who owns a registered gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns a registered gun?

This may not be the right thread location, but since most of us hunt with 'guns' at some time during the year, I thought I'd post it here for your information. This could set a precedent for the whole country.

Check out the article -

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...owners-public/

I love the part ... "Critics questioned what public interest it would serve to let neighbors look up each other's potential weapons cache -- further, they warned that publicizing the information could put both gun owners and those who don't own guns at risk." If I was a criminal, I'd love to have this list. I would know whose house to break into and vice versa. If I'm a criminal, I'm not going to risk my life by breaking into a house owned by someone that's armed and ready to shoot me.

The Obama administration is actually working to implement gun control outside of the legislature. He's working it as an executive order through the attorney general's office. So I'm not surprised the 'Illinois' attorney general is interested in who owns guns in that state.

What are your initial thoughts on the article? MAD? GLAD? INDIFFERENT?

Doesn't apply in Alaska
    We do not have to have Ownership cards to own guns. Other than the concealed carry permit system for those that wish to have them (not needed in Alaska) and the paper work filled out when buying a firearm from a dealer there is no database to be released.

On that note, do not be worried about the guns I have bought from dealers and have filled the paperwork out for the Feds.
    Be worried of the ones not listed.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Comment

What worries me is the FFL form you fill out 'at the federal level'. If the Feds decide to 'control gun ownership' or 'confiscate' firearms, they'll get the information from the FFL form which I think it maintained (monitored) by the FBI. What they say and what they do are really different. They're supposed to destroy those forms after so many months. It's been proven, they do not destroy those forms.

Comment

Class 3 , "Full auto" requires registration.
        Class 2, "silencers, destructive devices, and short barreled rifles" require registration.

In Alaska, if you pass the required background checks, the Chief of Law enforcement 'CLO" MUST, by law , sign an approval for you to proceed to acquire the register'd weapon.

You cannot legally hunt with any of these weapons in Alaska.

You can carry concealed with no permit necessary, anywhere in the state.:topjob:

Guns you purchase from a deal have federal paperwork, from the point of sale. Private sales between individuals does not require any paperwork whatsoever.
        After so many owners and so many years, finding who owns what will be too big to have the Feds get 'em all.
        Besides, if it comes to that level, Boys, then its time to use those firearms and restore the Constitutional Republic that has its 2nd Amendment arming its citizens for just such a reason......The Teeth Of our Constitution for removing those who would oppress us, enemies domestic and foreign.

An armed Man is a Free Man.

Stay Armed, Stay Free, stay in Alaska !
        If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Comment

The BATF never had a copy of any 4473 for any gun I sold when I was a dealer. Now days with instacheck the BAFT OK's a dealer to sell you a gun but has no knowledge if you bought one or not and if you did what the gun was.
          Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo Will View Post
            The BATF never had a copy of any 4473 for any gun I sold when I was a dealer. Now days with instacheck the BAFT OK's a dealer to sell you a gun but has no knowledge if you bought one or not and if you did what the gun was.
            They will only know if you go out of business and have to send in all of 4473's.
            Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

If you've been in business longer than 20 years, then anything older than 20 years, including 4473s, may be shredded, from what I've learned.

Comment

And if you give up collecting on a Curio & Relics License, you must send in your bound book.........

Another good reason to never give up your Guns, never stop collecting, never stop selling ~~LOL!!~~

The thing in the article that struck me was that if they made who owned what public, criminals will Know WHO is Unarmed.......Targets of sorts, eh?.........another reason to buy a gun and guard against such onslaught on our privacy.

Be the Shooter, not the Target.

Comment

A thief steals any of my bolt-guns and he's stolen himself a gun without a bolt...

He'd have to burn my house down and sift through the ashes to find the bolts. I DON'T store them together as a bolt gun is not a self-defense rifle.

Taylor

Comment

I'm a conspiracy guy when it comes to buying a gun from a dealer. When they fill out that paperwork it's got make, model, ser #, etc...
                    There's no doubt in my mind that that sort of information is not lost. Who has it? Not the original, that is on the paper at whatever dealer you bought from, but the information they provide via phone.

All that being said, what's a gun? I've never heard of this so called "gun" you speak of. ;-)
                    Thank you, God, for making so many wonderful creatures. Thank you, not only for that, but also for making them out of meat!

Comment

Long story and I wont bore all with the gory details...... but dont think for 2 seconds AK does not track guns... they do, pistols at least. My daughter got mixed up with the wrong guy in Fairbanks, and to make a very long story short, my wife went up and brought her home, and while there shipped a handgun my daughter owned to the state of MO. through an FFL dealer on each end. Before it ever got to MO the troopers knew who bought it and who was picking it up. A shotgun that she had purchased for protection and had in her closet was confiscated by the troopers and never returned. They came to her place looking for it..... how did they know she had it??? She had committed no crime whatsoever, yet they still took it, still have it and knew it was there. If they dont keep records tell me how they knew all this??? They know because of the checks they do when a gun is bought, (no different than Canada) and anyone who thinks differently is kidding themself.

Comment

Originally posted by Truenorthed View Post
                        This may not be the right thread location, but since most of us hunt with 'guns' at some time during the year, I thought I'd post it here for your information. This could set a precedent for the whole country.

Check out the article -

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...owners-public/

I love the part ... "Critics questioned what public interest it would serve to let neighbors look up each other's potential weapons cache -- further, they warned that publicizing the information could put both gun owners and those who don't own guns at risk." If I was a criminal, I'd love to have this list. I would know whose house to break into and vice versa. If I'm a criminal, I'm not going to risk my life by breaking into a house owned by someone that's armed and ready to shoot me.

The Obama administration is actually working to implement gun control outside of the legislature. He's working it as an executive order through the attorney general's office. So I'm not surprised the 'Illinois' attorney general is interested in who owns guns in that state.

What are your initial thoughts on the article? MAD? GLAD? INDIFFERENT?
                        If you were a criminal you would want to break into peoples homes with guns, they are worth more than most other things that people own. Plus there's a large market for guns, both black and regular markets.

Comment

Originally posted by H20Dogg View Post
                          If you were a criminal you would want to break into peoples homes with guns, they are worth more than most other things that people own. Plus there's a large market for guns, both black and regular markets.
                          Exactly right. As I work in Japan and my rifles, shotguns, pistols et al. are stored in a safe in the US, there is no way I would ever divulge where that is. Too much temptation for perps.

My take on Barack Obama is this. He went to school at my rather good Ivy college, then was Pres of the Harvard Law Review, so I am confident that he is smart as can be.

He does not like guns, but he knows full well the political power of ourselves and the NRA. He is above all a pol. I do not think he wants to take that on. Why would he? It is not him that I am worried about. It is the bureaucrats. I think that the idea of records in this day and age is dumb as hell. Better to focus on drug smugglers and our bordering countries.

Norm

Comment

I sure don't own any guns

The gun dealership paperwork filled out that shows I have bought guns? Well, I sold those guns (legally) online.

Other guns people might have seen me with? I both bought and sold those guns online, legally.

No, I'm not so good at making or keeping receipts for a cash sale either, which is the only type of sale I've ever been involved in.

So, I don't own any guns. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Comment

Obama may be the first U.S. President ever that has not shot a gun................has he?

There is no way any cops can come to a private residence and take any form of weapon without a compliant or charges.
                              If you have ever lost a Gun to "the System", get it back.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X