Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this guy be legal in a 4 brow tine area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33outdoorsman
    replied
    Generally if your that close they'll take the horns and let you keep the meat as long as you turn yourself in. If the troopers catch you, you will probably lose both and might even get a fine. Generally they'll go light on a 48 or 49 incher, but you get much below that and you will lose meat, horns, and probably get fined.

Leave a comment:

• akdube
    replied
    49 1/2 inchs...without the brow tines those who guessed over 50 get to go to jail...what do you supose the troopers would do with a bull that close. If you called in on yourself?

Leave a comment:

• LuJon
    replied
    Originally posted by 2dawgs View Post
    ...I'd say 48.5"...
    I would guess you are mighty close. 48-51. It is right about 1/2 the width of the trailer provided that middle light is the dead center. I suspect that is an 8' wide trailer so 48-51 or 49 if I was asked to guess to the inch.

Leave a comment:

• 2dawgs
    replied
    ...I'd say 48.5"...

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly Man
    replied
    I'd say 47"

Leave a comment:

• Water_Gremlin
    replied
    Let's hear it, what's the measurement?

I'm feeling lucky

Leave a comment:

• akdube
    replied
    I will let a few more join in before i give out stars.. The correct width has been mentioned here by the way..

Leave a comment:

• Meknowy
    replied
    46"? 47? Definitely looks bigger in the truck.

Leave a comment:

• ICEDOG5
    replied
    I would say 43 inches. And yes he would be legal ..... if you had a any bull tag.

Leave a comment:

• stid2677
    replied
    I blew this one, glad I didn't bet my rifle and wallet on it.

I'm going to have a beer now to wash down some HUMBLE PIE.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• squab
    replied
    Originally posted by akdube View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]46326[/ATTACH]Any guesses on width best pic i got of it sorry..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46327[/ATTACH]
    49.5 - 51"

Leave a comment:

• 33outdoorsman
    replied
    Tough angles to get a good idea of the spread. Someone gave me the rule never judge a moose from the back they always look bigger and that's the angle on the truck bed. The best pic is the one of the moose laying on the ground. No way am I seein 58 inches of spread on that moose. I would go high 40's, 48 or 49 inches. Could be 50, but in a 4 tine area that would be a close call and I wouldn't risk him going 50. If its a 3 tine area he obviously has that and would be a dead moose.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    Well, if that lic plate is 10in wide then Stid is very close at 58 - that should be a rule all moose have plates attached maybe???

Leave a comment:

• JAKEAK49
    replied
    I would have to say 51-52

Leave a comment:

• stid2677
    replied
    58 inches give or take an inch or so.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...