Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this guy be legal in a 4 brow tine area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to say no but I had to look at it for a while
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

It looks like it has a good spread. I'm guessing 56".
      sigpic

Comment

Yes. Legal. Over 50".

Comment

No on the brow tines and yes on the width.

Comment

I don't think it legally has four brow tines and I don't think that it is a 50" rack. I would not shoot it. Last year we took a bull with 3 brow tines and a bull with 4 brow tines in a 3 brow tine 50" area and both were 48". Both looked like 50-55" bulls but we would not have taken them without the brow tines. We passed two more bulls with two brow tines that were 46-55" bulls and ended up taking a 68" 229 B&C bull. Sometimes it pays off to wait for a better one.

Comment

Originally posted by akbones View Post
              I don't think it legally has four brow tines and I don't think that it is a 50" rack. I would not shoot it. Last year we took a bull with 3 brow tines and a bull with 4 brow tines in a 3 brow tine 50" area and both were 48". Both looked like 50-55" bulls but we would not have taken them without the brow tines. We passed two more bulls with two brow tines that were 46-55" bulls and ended up taking a 68" 229 B&C bull. Sometimes it pays off to wait for a better one.
              Yes, but the average joe, well, me at least, I never see more than 2 bulls a year anyway, out behind the house, and I can't afford to go any where to hunt, so i take the first legal one I see.
              Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Another pass here also.

Comment

I would pass; tines don't look longer than wide.
                  If you got to look that hard let it go.
                  Dan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00693.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	2478632Any guesses on width best pic i got of it sorry..

Click image for larger version

Name:	xx.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2478633
                    Last edited by akdube; 03-03-2011, 09:58. Reason: found another pic

Comment

58 inches give or take an inch or so.
                      "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

I would have to say 51-52

Comment

Well, if that lic plate is 10in wide then Stid is very close at 58 - that should be a rule all moose have plates attached maybe???
                          When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Tough angles to get a good idea of the spread. Someone gave me the rule never judge a moose from the back they always look bigger and that's the angle on the truck bed. The best pic is the one of the moose laying on the ground. No way am I seein 58 inches of spread on that moose. I would go high 40's, 48 or 49 inches. Could be 50, but in a 4 tine area that would be a close call and I wouldn't risk him going 50. If its a 3 tine area he obviously has that and would be a dead moose.

Comment

Originally posted by akdube View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]46326[/ATTACH]Any guesses on width best pic i got of it sorry..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46327[/ATTACH]
                              49.5 - 51"
                              squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

I blew this one, glad I didn't bet my rifle and wallet on it.

I'm going to have a beer now to wash down some HUMBLE PIE.

Steve
                                "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X