Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this guy be legal in a 4 brow tine area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this guy be legal in a 4 brow tine area?

What do you think guys?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	huntfishtrap 117.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	2509372Click image for larger version

Name:	huntfishtrap 116.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	2509371

I wouldn't bet my rifle on it.

Comment

This was shot in a 3 tine area just curious what the take will be on it..

Comment

I would call that bull a 3x3. If I remember correctly a tine must be longer than it is wide to count.

Steve
        "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

No way, although from the looks of the rack he needs removed from the gene pool
          Chuck

Comment

Hunting regs, page 33, Identifying a legal moose antler:
            A point or tine is an antler projection at least one inch long, and longer than it is wide, with the width measured one inch or more from the tip.

Without a tape my first guess is that is not a 4 brow tine bull. I think that is my second guess too.

Comment

I would definitely walk away from it in a 4 brow tine area. My thought is, if you have doubt than don't pull the trigger. I don't like that feeling and it's not worth the mistake of shooting a sub legal animal.

Comment

It appears to look legal for a four brow tine area, only problem, the moose has to be dead to be sure.

Comment

I would not shoot it in a 4 brow tine area. If you are not 100% sure then it is legal then let it walk. You are betting a lot more than your rifle on it.

Comment

That would depend on how far you have to sneak it out o.O Would it not count as a 50 incher though?
                    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

I would say yes but wouldnt chance it. Let it live, go eat some bacon, and try for a bigger one the next day.

Bacon makes everything better. And Dr. pepper. **** I'm hungry and thirsty after reading this thread.

Comment

Interesting rack, but I would say no, it's not legal. Right or wrong, I wouldn't take the shot.
                        "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Comment

Another no. Those itty bitty points look wider than they are long on the puter.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nope. Needs to be longer than wide.

GG

Comment

it is if it is 50 or larger
                              squab (probably of Scandinavian descent; skvabb, meaning "loose, fat flesh") is a young domestic pigeon or its meat

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X