Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norsehunter
    replied
    I would've asked my wife why she didn't shoot it closer to the road. Haha Very nice and congrats on the baby.

Leave a comment:

• akjw7
    replied
    congrats - good story!

Leave a comment:

• skagdog
    replied
    Warning: This post contains the juvenile and immature thoughts of a grown man:

Among other things you spent the next two evenings "boning" and "grinding", i guess that's appropriate cause that's how this whole pregnant wife on a hunt adventure started in the first place.....It's kind of a full circle story, how neat.

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    Congrats to "momma" for a great job and to both of your on your new bundle of joy "North" !
    Hmm, since North was 8 mos along does that mean he was "party" hunting also???
    Thx for sharing your wonderful story!
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• tboehm
    replied
    All I can say is wow, and I thought my wife was a trooper. She is a KEEPER. Congrats on the new hunting partners

Leave a comment:

• Alaska_Lanche
    replied
    That is epic man!!! Congrats to you and your wife. Way to get it done with both...err...I mean all 3 of you there.

Leave a comment:

• AKfowler
    replied
    Thanks folks, much appreciated comments. It was a fantastic trip, one to remember for sure.

markopolo50 - we actually bought our son his first rifle when he was less than a week old A little Henry lever action .22 with his name and birthday engraved on the action. It'll make a good birthday present in the not too distant future.

River Rat - You're not too far off actually; we named our son North. My wife and I have always loved Alaska and all it has given to our family so we decided to name our son with that in mind. We wanted something "Alaskan-esque" and unique but not difficult to pronounce or spell. My wife thought of using North as his name and I immediately loved it.

Leave a comment:

• rambling raven
    replied
    Nice job - Nothing wrong with a little road hunting - might as well shoot them before they get hit by trucks.

Leave a comment:

• martentrapper
    replied
    Congrats on the wife, the moose, and the son. But now that she ain't pregnant...............she can be even more determined to get a critter. Your gonna have to stay home with the kid!1 Haha!
    Hey, she's got time to get pregnant for next falls hunt!

Leave a comment:

• Ak River Rat
    replied
    So what is the boy's name?

I'd be downright embarassed if I were you and did not name that boy "Steese" or "Livengood". How could you not?
    8 months pregnant? Talk about setting the bar high. Not just for other women, but all of us. If she can go out in that condition, have fun, and be an asset, maybe we can all do a bit more than we think. That is just so amazing.
    I am so happy that your wife and son are healthy. Congrats to you and welcome to the world of being a father. You're going to have a ball! :topjob:
    ARR

Leave a comment:

• ibohnt
    replied
    Fantastic, I thought I started my kids young at 2 years old but gosh you are going to be hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

• JAKEAK49
    replied
    Nice shooting!

Leave a comment:

• PG13
    replied
    The hunt is under your son's belt but he was over hers!! What great shot placement. Two good looking ladies in those pictures. Welcome to the fraternity of the paternity.
    Last edited by PG13; 03-01-2011, 11:58. Reason: I'm not as clever as I thought.

Leave a comment:

• Irish
    replied
    Love it! Nice work and congrats on the birth of your son! What a perfect trip and time to spend together.

Leave a comment:

• oldmil007
    replied
    Great story and well written.

I've a friend who has only been drawn for a moose permit (twice now) when she's been expecting, although not nearly so far along as your wife was. Maybe it's that mothering instint kicking in at Draw time, "Gotta fill that freezer"!

Congratulations to the three of you and nothing but respect for your wife for a stand up job while eight months pregnant.

- Jay

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X