DM333 info requested & other reg hunts in the area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM333 info requested & other reg hunts in the area

ok- I've come to terms with NOT getting any draw tags AGAIN. Well, sorta. My better half got a DM333 & I'm seeking out any kind souls that are willing to dispense with info about the area & hunt.

AND since I didn't get a tag, I'm interested in reg or harvest tix hunts in the area. My glorious plan was to bring out children for a fantastic memory filled adventure & I'd still love to salvage that plan. So, i there are some sweet places to try to harvest a critter- I'm all ears. (moose & caribou would be my first choice) And the season for the 333 hunt is Sept 1-20.

Thanks in advance. It's been ALOT of fun reading the forum over the last year or so- I just hadn't had much to ad, so just lurked.roud:

The general season moose hunt will be open in the same area and time as your spouse's hunt, but you will be restricted to shooting a bull under the spike/fork/50"/4 brow tine regulations whereas your spouse can shoot any bull. So basically you can hunt together - if you see a legal bull, you can take it, whereas if you see a bull that doesn't fit the rules for the general season, your spouse can pull the trigger.

As for caribou, all caribou hunting in the area is restricted to those with a drawing or Tier I permit. You may see caribou, but you may not legally hunt them. Grizzly bears will be an option, though, as will ptarmigan.

Comment

thanks

thanks for taking the time to reply. I'd printed out info on other hunts in the area- but it's nice to hear from folks that know of other opportuinities in the area- or nearby areas. We've talked to people who have hunted nearby, but not that particular hunt. And of course, checked google earth- but NOT the same as talking with folks who have romped through the area.

Last time we drove through (picking up a boat in Willow) it was Early May & barely outta winter. I suspect the landscape changes much over the summer. And thanks again!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X