No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kusko
    replied
    Geez MT, you said "sorry". Rare for you!

Leave a comment:

• martentrapper
    replied
    Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
    Oh you mean how you tried to bash me, stating I was part of the problem for guiding for an outfitter for caribou in the Mulchatna drainage....??? That was just a few weeks ago if I recall.
    Back around Xmas there were a couple very long threads on the hunting and game management forums about sheep regs and upcoming proposals. That is what I was referring to in the quote you posted.
    My "part of the problem" was a QUESTION, not a statement. The question was posed based upon your own statements in the Mulchatna bou thread. I didn't consider the question as "bashing". Sorry if your feelings were hurt.

Leave a comment:

• KLNhunter
    replied
    Thanks for all the ideas and info. It is priceless advice! Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by martentrapper View Post
    Back around Xmas, pages and pages of this forum were spent bashing guides
    Oh you mean how you tried to bash me, stating I was part of the problem for guiding for an outfitter for caribou in the Mulchatna drainage....??? That was just a few weeks ago if I recall.

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied
    the brown bear situation is different, as they are draw tags and the areas are pretty small. some areas have alot of tags for them, and season is short so with limited access and huntable country. so it seems brown bear stuff gets pretty jammed up real quick.

sheep is just a touchy subject with alot fewer animals being legal. residents (some) will shoot a 3 or 4 year old kodiak bear, but can't shoot a 3-4 year old ram....more people and less legal animals. Best way to up your success then is get ride of the competition, not work with them.

hence the double standard.

Leave a comment:

• martentrapper
    replied
    Back around Xmas, pages and pages of this forum were spent bashing guides and non res and whining about them taking all the sheep. I thought guides were the enemy? Now were told they are good people and we can get a long with them?
    I'm confused!

Jake...........good ideas and good post.

Leave a comment:

• mjm316
    replied
    I remember reading through this thread and thought it had some good info....so ttt for all the guys heading out this spring

Leave a comment:

• sheep97
    replied
    duckhunter01 your mailbox is full

Leave a comment:

• jnanam
    replied
    Originally posted by FullFreezer View Post
    well I tryd to email the guide in Ugak bay, we'll see if he responds.

Sent out a few on Monday without any word in return and was very clear i would be willing to work around them, its a small area. E mail is rather impersonal and ill end up making some more calls im sure. There is a few privet property tucked back in there.

Leave a comment:

• HuntKodiak
    replied
    A phone call may come across more sincerely. Emails can be so impersonal, and his phone number is on his web site. Just a suggestion. Seems email is over used at times, and hearing a persons voice on the other end of the phone might convey your sincerity that you are really trying to avoid stepping on his toes.

Leave a comment:

• FullFreezer
    replied
    well I tryd to email the guide in Ugak bay, we'll see if he responds.

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied
    i'm on private property and all the air taxi's have been notified that i have to kick people out if they come in there. Only ever had one resident in the bay with me and he used my name to get there....phone call wouldn't have made that situation any better.
    never had a need to call other guys for fear of having some competition in the bay i'm in.
    run into residents on sheep hunts on occasion, sit down shoot the breeze and see if i can help them out at all make some new friends and go on hunting. pressure just makes me hunt harder.

Leave a comment:

• sheep man
    replied
    really,,,now i've never had a kodiak bear tag,but with sheep in the park i've got the call...why wouldn't you call????you got clients paying 15,000 plus or minus for a dream hunt,why wouldn't you break the ice before you find him camped within sight of your base camp....they don't give out so many tags that we need to camp and hunt on top of each other,,,,,try it sometime brwnbr,it might save you a hike down the beach while your client is wondering if he made the right choice.....i've also got calls from other permit winners.....

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied
    thats the first i've ever heard of that happening....

Leave a comment:

• hunt_ak
    replied
    Originally posted by sheep man View Post
    ...i've drawn my share of tags over the years and it's not uncommon for the guide to call you and let you know when and where he plans on hunting.
    Really????????????

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X