Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DB204 Kiliuda Bay/DG476 Any info Appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB204 Kiliuda Bay/DG476 Any info Appreciated.

I drew both Kodiak Bear DB 204/and Kodiak goat DG 476 looking for any advice to eithier area has I have never hunted Kodaik besides Larsen Bay for deer several years ago. Im looking at doing both hunts in October is that a smart move ?

Thanks in Advance,

Tim
    sigpic ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

PM sent.....

Comment

Both Bear and Goat in the same bay should be an interesting hunt. Thanks North River any other advice for goats/bear in Kiluda Bay would be greatly appreciated
      sigpic ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Comment

Obviously you'd be goat hunting up until bear season opens and goat season closes, but should make for a very fun trip. I'd allot 10-14 days to really do justice to both hunts. Be a great time regardless.

Comment

I agree im looking at 3-4 days chasing goats and allowing 10 plus days amost of time to glass for a 9 foot plus Kodaik Brown Bear.Does anybody know if goats are accesible from a drop camp on the beach. Or should I lean towards getting up high with Seahawk or Andrews?

Thanks Much, Tim

Comment

Got Kiliuda bay too...wasn't really wanting it, was more of my "might as well fill out three spots" hunt. Heard it's a decent hunt, but not much info on it.

And ofcourse, myold man...just asking what I put in for, drew Crown Mt. Ugh....figures.
            Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Comment

Successfully hunted Kiliuda Bay with a DB204 tag in 2009. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to help you guys out with a few tips on the area.

Comment

Hunter Tom
                Tried to pm you but your full. Anyways give me a ring I would love to pick your brain. Also if somebody would like to accompany me bear hunting I heard the deer hunting is superb.

Tim
                (907)460-0050

Comment

PM Sent....

Comment

"up high" that late may be problematic... Talk w/ the pilots (Rolan @ SeaHawk)... Ice may limit you to the salt.

I've only hunted Kiluda in the Spring so my experience is limited. Best I know goats are west and north of the bay...

Just fyi there is a lodge in there: http://www.kodiakadventureslodge.com/

Good luck... Drop me a line if you have any specific questions.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info I booked seahawk today last year they was able to fly some alpine lakes all the way to the end. I may go in earlier if conditions change in the fall hoping to do the combo all in one trip will see easier on the wallet.

Comment

Ok. Now there are 3 of the 4 permit holders for db204 on here. Is there the 4th? PM sent 22 and 27.

Comment

No 204 here. I'm a 476 guy this year.

Comment

Well, trip is booked. Waiting on the custom rifle to be finished...and it's a go. Have 10 days of hunting planned, however, I'm hoping we are finished before then. Not that I mind having a good time on the hill if we are successful, but I'd prefer to get back and save some leave for the other hunts this year... Man, they just don't give a person enough leave for all the hunts he wants!!

Comment

Here's a Spring Kiliuda Bear... It's a pretty cool Bay. If you're mobile. (Zodiac) Good Luck!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X