• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predator hunting - pics

A couple of pics to get you all in the mood for chasing some predators -

AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Siding

I thought Tyvek was Alaska's favorite siding, guess I was wrong.

Where was that picture taken.
    Marc Theiler

Comment

No fair, mud. I seen that 2nd pic before. That is Marty (can't remember his last name) from southern Alberta. He is a TRAPPER, actually a snareman, who goes after coyotes seriously. I know the guy in the photo has a gun, but those are trapped or snared yotes.
      I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
      I have less friends now!!

Comment

I got both of the pics off of www.predatormasters.com and they mentioned that the barn dogs were a combination of trapped/hunted. Someone guessed that there were about 350 covering the barn. Pretty good photos though.
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

AKmud,

Shouldn't this be moved to the trapping forum?
          Mark Richards
          www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Originally posted by bushrat View Post
            AKmud,

Which half? The half that we're trapped or the half that we're shot?

Comment

Hey Allen,

I don't see any blood at all on those animals from gunshot wounds. I've seen these pics before too. I'm pretty sure those coyotes and fox in the first pic were trapped/snared.
              'Twas just a suggestion anyway.

-27 here this morn. River starting to close up finally. Going through the wood pile.
              Best, Mark

Mark Richards
              www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Hey Allen,

I don't see any blood at all on those animals from gunshot wounds. I've seen these pics before too. I'm pretty sure those coyotes and fox in the first pic were trapped/snared.
                'Twas just a suggestion anyway.

-27 here this morn. River starting to close up finally. Going through the wood pile.
                Best, Mark

Mark for Political Correctness purposes the gun shot entrance holes were placed down so as not to offend the sensitive. Any good pelt hunter that shoots fur bearers will use a bullet that does not exit but explodes inside the animal to do minimal pelt damage.

Glad you have winter up that way. We are still waiting for things to start freezing up here.

Comment

AKmud,

Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Who cares?

Kinda my thought too... It was just a pic of some dead predators. Makes me anxious to get out and do some calling (hunting).
                    AKmud
                    sigpic

Comment

Apparently

The Webmaster & the Mod's care otherwise they wouldn't have posted what they have about relevancy of posts & the correct fourms to post them on...

Comment

You guys need to lighten up.
                        AKmud
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gogoalie View Post
                          The Webmaster & the Mod's care otherwise they wouldn't have posted what they have about relevancy of posts & the correct fourms to post them on...

As I stated before, which of those coyotes and fox in the picture get moved too the trapping forum, the half that were trapped or the half that were shot.

Comment

I thought I'd let that first suggestion slide, but since people are still talking about this I thought I'd weigh in...

I am one who usually moves things to the correct forum. I don't do it because of the "rules", but because people usually get better responses, both in quantity and quality, when they are in the correct forum. This is especially true for firearms questions.

So, why didn't I move this one? AKmud is obviously itching to go predator hunting. He hasn't run a trapline before (that I'm aware of), but he loves to hunt the critters. Yes, the pictures he posted may include some animals that were trapped. That is not the point of his post, however, so it seems like talking about it here is fair game. It's no different than posting a picture of a moose that I saw while hiking when we're talking about judging antler width. The topic is hunting, even if the origin of the picture may not be.

Awfully early for people to be getting cabin fever....maybe once the lakes freeze over we'll have other things to consume our minds with!

-Brian

Comment

If you look close enough at the guy in the top photo you will see a call lanyard around his neck. How many trappers use calls to snare critters.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X