X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKBoater
    replied
    Tag Him

I would take the shot for sure. The bear your asking about (like most people said) is 6.5 to 7 ft. It really depends on how hard your buddies pull while you measure.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel in Ak
    replied
    Lab Man yes that was Ak River Rat I met......real nice fella.

Smokey...good day to you also.Hopefully the bear standing on the drum will be back this year.He's my target bear for tis spring.Anything else is just meat in the freezer.Even tho I was asking about two different pictures of those I have on here, there are two Grizzlies in there also.Had more than that on the stand, but just threw two pictures up.

Harter....yeah pictures can be deceiving for sure,but I have more than just the one I showed.But its still a hog of a bear even from that angle

Leave a comment:

• harterstaxidermy
    replied
    I would say the black is 6'5" ft from what it looks like, but pictures can be very deceiving..lol

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    How Big

Good Day Daniel,
    I have taken several blackies and from what I can get out of the pictures I would say there is one Brown bear - probably 3 diff blacks.
    If your looking for trophies two of them say to me to "shoot" and measure later!
    Bears are really tough to guess, but I would say one is in the 6 1/2 foot range - nice head that should score well in P&Y if thats what you are looking for, second bear is a bit shorter with big belly - fat head - could score better but side angle is tough to judge skull size. I have seen "meat head" bears with huge heads and small skulls so that can be a tough one.
    I would shoot the bear with his front legs on the can - my guess is well over 350lbs - could go mid 4's easy enough?

Randy

Leave a comment:

• lab man
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    your so right about 8 and 9.... Hey was noice meeting you again.....and I saw your advertisment on your truck hahahaha! almost took a picture for the forum.
    Ak River Rat was forum member you met.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy SoHappy
    replied
    All of the black bear photos in this string are big hogs. There is no question.
    Tommy

Leave a comment:

• ultra mag
    replied
    Size of a pig ( Blk . Bear )

That bear deserves to bear on the front cover of a magazine .

Leave a comment:

• ironartist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed M View Post
    He's a very good bear but he could still could grow a bit. There is a lot of air under the stomach and the hips could fill out some more. Here's one to compare against. I walked right by this guy as I packed out a slightly smaller one. You can see it wasn't too concerned about me standing right in front of it.

That is one huge blackie what do you think 400 maybe 500 pounds WOW? We got a 7 footer off baldy a couple years ago and this one dawarfs him. My buddy at top gun say mine was the largest he's seen from 14a

Leave a comment:

• ultra mag
    replied
    Ed M

How big was the bear you shot if it was slightly smaller than the bear you just posted ?

Danial AK : Those bear pic's are great ! Very impressive !

Here's my guess . If he or she isn't seven foot in that picture , , , it will be this year . Nice . . .

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    thats a nice bear Daniel... i am putting it at 6.4.... i looks a lot like the one i shot near there last summer...........................................t hat was 6.4.................

lol

Leave a comment:

• Daniel in Ak
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskan22 View Post
    Man you guys are lucky to have those blackies there!! The grizz are out here (played with a sow w/3 cubs today) but the unit around town isn't open till May 10th.

Can't wait to see the "success" pics of this bear!
    Dude Im with you on that. Cant wait to see this years bears. The Yukon River is'nt open yet for me, so Im salavating looking at my last years pictures. Good Luck to you this year.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan22
    replied
    luuuuuuuuucky

Man you guys are lucky to have those blackies there!! The grizz are out here (played with a sow w/3 cubs today) but the unit around town isn't open till May 10th.

Can't wait to see the "success" pics of this bear!

Leave a comment:

• Daniel in Ak
    replied
    Originally posted by OzAK View Post
    How many gallons is the drum? Dead giveaway as to size when you premeasure the drum for comparison. If thats a 55 then it's an OK bear, not a monster but decent. If it's a 30 or a 15 then it's a smaller fish that should be allowed to grow a bit-unless you have a hankerin' for some fresh bear ribs and chops, then he's just right on the tender side of things....

Say Homer D, what's new? PM me if you've a mind to, Later, Oz
    Thats a 55 gallon drum.And one other note, from the 6 footer that was taken last year in the same area this bear put it to shame. But whatever the case may be, Im meat hunting for several bears this years.

Leave a comment:

• six
    replied
    Glad to hear that this bear is just ok. I wish I always saw 6' plus bears wondering around. 9 out of 10 hunters hunting for blk bear would shoot that dandy. Nice bear.

Leave a comment:

• OzAK
    replied
    Bait drum size

How many gallons is the drum? Dead giveaway as to size when you premeasure the drum for comparison. If thats a 55 then it's an OK bear, not a monster but decent. If it's a 30 or a 15 then it's a smaller fish that should be allowed to grow a bit-unless you have a hankerin' for some fresh bear ribs and chops, then he's just right on the tender side of things....

Say Homer D, what's new? PM me if you've a mind to, Later, Oz

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X