How big is this Black bear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is this Black bear?

Since the season is upon us, and all I can do is look at pictures for now I figured I'd fuel the fire.........oh! how I wish the river was open. Anyhow been showing this picture around and Ive been trying to get an idea on how big he is.So what do you al think? Check out the 7th picture from the left and the last one.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hp?albumid=469

Just click on the link above.

pictures 8 and 9 looks like a brown bear to me. the blackie looks like a pretty big bear to me. looks plump and his ears look relativley small campared to his head. i am no expert though.

Comment

your so right about 8 and 9.... Hey was noice meeting you again.....and I saw your advertisment on your truck hahahaha! almost took a picture for the forum.

Comment

Clearly four feet..........two in the back and two in the front.:rolleyes: A guide would quickly add.....plus two feet on each side, left side and right side, so in guide measurments it is clearly a eight feet bear.
        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
          Clearly four feet..........two in the back and two in the front.:rolleyes:
          Priceless......had to read it twice to figure out If I had a smart @sss! here or you where messing with me. Made me laugh once I figured it out.Ill remember to be more specific for you next time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
            Priceless......had to read it twice to figure out If I had a smart @sss! here or you where messing with me. Made me laugh once I figured it out.Ill remember to be more specific for you next time lol.

I edited and it is now bigger........
            "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
              I edited and it is now bigger........
              so thats a tru blu 8 ft blackie!? lol!

Comment

Well, you know there is one way to find out...Shoot it next month, ground score it, and report back with pictures and measurements. It's a shooter for sure. I would put it closer to a seven footer than a six and a half footer. 6'10" squared with a 19" melon.
                Last edited by spoiled one; 04-19-2009, 15:29. Reason: forgot sumpfin'
                sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
                  Well, you know there is one way to find out...Shoot it next month, ground score it, and report back with pictures and measurements. It's a shooter for sure. I would put it closer to a seven footer than a six and a half footer. 6'10" squared with a 19" melon.
                  No expert here but like you I figured over six and a half foot.HOpefully he comes back this spring.I never did hunt that stand.

Comment

Looks like Batman pic. in number 7

Comment

6fter

Almost looks like he has a slight crease in his head, he's definitely a 4/5 year old bear. I would gauge him to square slightly over 6ft and change. He's a good bear for most areas in Alaska, not a skimmpy bear.
                      Marc Theiler

Comment

Many Sausage!

Looks like a good eater to me!
                        I swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. That oath had no expiration date Congress must use a different version that does.

Comment

About two foot at the shoulder
                          Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

He's a very good bear but he could still could grow a bit. There is a lot of air under the stomach and the hips could fill out some more. Here's one to compare against. I walked right by this guy as I packed out a slightly smaller one. You can see it wasn't too concerned about me standing right in front of it.

Comment

now THAT is a nice bear... eating beachgrass, i see

gotta say that the bear in the pics didn't strike me as anything special... ears seem big, legs are long and a lot of light shows under the belly.
                              good eater alright, but i would guess him (or her:rolleyes:... head seems a little svelte... hard to say) at <6'.
                              Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
                              http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X