X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kahahawai
    replied
    Denali HWY

I was just there this weekend 23-25 Apr, and roads are clear all the way up to just pass windy creek drainage where it is blocked due to plowing. didn't see any bears, but saw two seperate parties hunting on snow machines. just east of the Susitna River bridge. Still alot of snow.

Leave a comment:

• arcticfirefighter
    replied
    Denalihunter I sent you PM about the road and lodge.

Leave a comment:

• denalihunter
    replied
    Bear Update - Denali Highway

Well, since Ace must have fell asleep at his computer up at the lodge, I'll give you guys the bear report. I was up there this weekend. Road is plowed to within just two miles of the lodge. They are plowing this week, so hopefully by tomorrow, we'll be driving in again! Been more then 7 months! Spotted a few dens, and one fellow spotted a sow with two cubs and a large boar. Many of the bears seem to be coming out of thier dens, wandering around the opening, and going back in. Temps have been hitting 60 on the deck last week, but then Friday it chilled off again, and snowed. Visibility wasn't very good. Still plenty of snow, but it won't last long. At least there is some good activity, and it's increasing. I'm trying to work out my next trip up there as soon as possible.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• goaty
    replied
    I just got back from the Paxon side. It was snowing and the visibility was terrible. We didn't see any sign, but glassing was hard with the fog and snow. We were only in about 15 miles from Paxon.

Leave a comment:

• fullkurl
    replied
    Originally posted by AlpineAce View Post
    I'll do that right after I get measurements...still waiting to see if they want metric or standard????

Standard micrometer measurement of the fecal plug should do nicely....

Leave a comment:

• .300wby
    replied
    Denali

i'm heading up Sunday, i'll give GPS coordinates on any bear sign info.... yea right!

Leave a comment:

• AkHunter45
    replied
    I'm headed north tomorrow morning for a weekend of snow machining but i'll keep my eyes open for dens, tracks, and bears.

Leave a comment:

• Brian M
    replied
    Originally posted by elsielake View Post
    Ace,

How are things looking up there for bears? I flew some of the area last Friday night and never cut a track.
    We were up there last weekend and didn't see any bears either. A lot can change in a few days, though. Of course, the snow will be getting rotten as well.

Leave a comment:

• elsielake
    replied
    Denali Hwy report?

Ace,

How are things looking up there for bears? I flew some of the area last Friday night and never cut a track.

Leave a comment:

• AlpineAce
    replied
    I'll do that right after I get measurements...still waiting to see if they want metric or standard????

Originally posted by denalihunter View Post
    A good host would make some pancakes and deliver them to the dens...

Leave a comment:

• AlpineAce
    replied
    Do you prefer metric or standard?????

Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
    So could you crawl down into the dens, and get some measurements, and closeup photos......:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    replied
    Originally posted by denalihunter View Post
    BACON....LOTS of Bacon.........:eek:

Leave a comment:

• denalihunter
    replied
    breakfast?

Leave a comment:

• Alasken
    replied
    Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
    So could you crawl down into the dens, and get some measurements, and closeup photos......:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Now that would be a report! Good one Hopeak. Thanks to you I just had my first good laugh of the day. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    replied

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X