Penninsula brownie sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Db301

My mother drew the other side of unit 7 with the DB301 tag. So if anyone has any pertinent sightings(Kenai Lake to Seward area) to report they would be much appreciated.

Comment

the mountains

i am going down to the kenai mountains on tuesday any updates?

Comment

Mud,

I was down at Cooper Lake on tuesday. Saw two different brown bears. One walking across the lake the other laying down on in the sun on the hillside. Due to heatwaves couldn't really size them through the spotting scope (not that I am that good at that anyways). Anyways, they are out no doubt.

Good luck

How you like your Judge??

Comment

The opposite side of the lake across from the end of Snug Harbor Rd. was looking pretty good last weekend. It's melting in a hurry. I couldn't get to it, so I didn't spend time glassing it, but I'd be supprised if I had taken the time to glass and not seen bears. I glassed a set of tracks last weekend on a mountain top above Hope. I couldn't find the maker, but I would guess it was a brownie. I'm headed to the south end of Johnson's Pass Trail this coming weekend, so I'll let you know what I find.

Brett

Comment

Hey Brett,
            I drew a goat tag for the Spencer Glacier area which runs from past portage to moose creek in the west side of the Placer River drainage. I think the Johnson Trail runs through that country, so if you see any nice Goat would you let a fella know the gereral area? Also the condition of the trail, can a guy get horses up the trail. I was at Trail Lake last weekend but there was still too much snow to do any real glassing. Thanks, Jerry

Comment

Ak Hunts,

Will do.

Brett

Comment

Tuesday

I'm going down again on Tuesday, any updates. It seems everyone has posted pictures of the same bear. Is there anywhere they are frequenting?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X