Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year's reg changes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This year's reg changes

    Thought everyone would like to see a summary of the regulation changes by BOG this year:

    http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...hanges0910.pdf

    enjoy.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

  • #2
    Wow get a tier 1 caribou tag in 13 and ONLY hunt in thirteen... including moose...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Vince View Post
      Wow get a tier 1 caribou tag in 13 and ONLY hunt in thirteen... including moose...
      Not just the hunter with the permit, but their entire family is prohibited from hunting moose or caribou in any other unit for the entire regulatory year. Added to that, each family can only get one permit every three years, but must keep applying in the years that they are ineligible so that their score (years applied in a row) doesn't reset to zero. What a convoluted system. I would be highly surprised if this one stands as designed.

      Comment


      • #4
        so if I'm reading this right, you have to leave the caribou antlers there, you can't bring them out?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by summitx View Post
          so if I'm reading this right, you have to leave the caribou antlers there, you can't bring them out?
          Yeah thats how I read it. One less thing to pack out though. Take your pics at the site and just haul the meat out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by summitx View Post
            so if I'm reading this right, you have to leave the caribou antlers there, you can't bring them out?

            why do i feel this will cause a greater issue then taking the heart out last year?
            "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

            meet on face book here

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vince View Post
              why do i feel this will cause a greater issue then taking the heart out last year?
              HAHA probably true vince. I guess those antlers are tastier than I was led to believe.

              Comment


              • #8
                deleterious wildlife

                Does that mean cats and dogs?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I bet there is a decent chance bonus points are too expensive to implement. Lets not raise those license fees juuust yet.


                  According to one gentleman representing Ahtna, antlers are quite tasty when cooked over a fire. No joke.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by whitepalm View Post
                    I bet there is a decent chance bonus points are too expensive to implement. Lets not raise those license fees juuust yet.


                    According to one gentleman representing Ahtna, antlers are quite tasty when cooked over a fire. No joke.
                    BBQ antlers? I find that hard to choke!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Pa, Palm is not kidding the guy actually testfed to that at the BOG hearing....
                      "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

                      meet on face book here

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well i will have a antler cook out too all that would like to indulge. How do you like them cooked?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brian M View Post

                          Not just the hunter with the permit, but their entire family is prohibited from hunting moose or caribou in any other unit for the entire regulatory year.

                          What a convoluted system.
                          Yep,
                          Now they are pitting family members against one another. This could well end up tragically.

                          I agree with your assessment.
                          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ground antler

                            Dont they know, antlers can be ground into a fine powder and used to assist erections, cant believe i have to leave them in the field.

                            Terry

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Terry View Post
                              Dont they know, antlers can be ground into a fine powder and used to assist erections, cant believe i have to leave them in the field.

                              Terry
                              Guess you'll have to take the wife hunting with you.
                              We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
                              James Madison

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X