It won't be long now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It won't be long now.

Reminders from the last couple years to help boil the blood in your veins. I can't hardly wait. Feel free to post more to drive me crazy waitng. I noticed Whittier got 50+" of snow in the last week or so.

I sooo wanna get me one...
    sigpic
    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

I want a bear so bad.
      Former A.F Staff Sergeant

Comment

Can't wait either I'm looking at doing a spring hunt on a friends seiner possibly this spring after school ends, and maybe doing a skiff run across the inlet from Kenai to thin some bears to maybe. These pics are definetly goin to get the talk goin with my partners now

Comment

Your killing me bob....way nice pic
          I ♥ Big Sheep

Comment

Those are some sad looking teeth on the bear. He must have been around for a while to wear them down like that.

Comment

Very old rough bear

That old guy had a rough life, one of his hind legs had a big dog leg and his snout had been broken. Very tough skin job as most really old critters are. Ears were all split up and he was not as heavy as he probably once was.

Let both these bears go because of behavior, guessing they were siblings. In several of the photographs the one bear looks like a boar of better size, but the playing on the snow convinced me not to shoot. If they were siblings they were probably 5' bears. I am not interested in shooting anymore that size, but they sure are hard to judge.

You can see in this picture they were had, but to close in size I believe to be boar and sow thinking about breeding.

Comment

I remember that pic of that gnarled bear from last year. Did you ever find out the age on that one? Great pictures as always.
                sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Here is one I took a couple years back in southeast. He came out to 14 years old and 6'9" with a 19in skull.

Comment

here's one

Dang Trappperbob, I'll bet that old thing had some bad breath. Here's a 7 footer I took on POW 2 years ago.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Old scar

Thats a good one in Alaska, was that a scuff from the fall on his head or an old scar.

Comment

Just about time for these guys to come out. I have seen them this early around here.

Lots of anow in western Alaska this year. Should be good hunting conditions.
                        I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                        I have less friends now!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X