Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning....~LOL!!!~

And it was a "Good morning"

5 miles down the river and a couple hundred Caribou crossed my path......soooooo to make a long story short and uncontraversial, I shot her in the n@!k (body part) with my M%$#n (not powerfull enough rifle):rolleyes:, and she collpsed in a full run for the willows into into a skidding "meat", 1 shot .

Again , I was impressed with the performance of the Cz*^k (Inhumane wounding bullet) and its bone shattering effects that actually took a chunk of spine outta the body

So those that find it nessearry to nit pick and critisize my ways, contenue to PM me to adnauseium with your rants and please enjoy it while you do....~LOL!!!~ Cause I'm laughing right back!!!Hhahahahahahahah!!!

Still fat, though the Warbles in the backside skin have made the hides worthless, I shall soon discard them along with the stomache, as I see the hairs are getting loose as well.

Soooooo....I picked up firewood and headed home for lunch and house chores....and decided to post while I eat and get a laugh outta what I wrote..Hahahahahahaah!!!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.:topjob:

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Dang, missed the editing time limit!!!

soulda edited in that the "editing" on my part was in the best of humor, though in after thought I should have put a disclaimer.~LOL!!!!!~

This last week or two Ive had some "Hot" PM's on this subject, and some are of the opinion that I should not encourage others to do as I do....
    Shall I lie, delete or quit??Hhahahahahahahah!!!!!

I best think it nessarry to post "What I do" and if it works for the masses, great! If not, oh well!!!

Naaaaaaaaa........half the fun in this board is the opinions expressed here, however controversial they are.

I did do some reading about the Hauge convention and "Dum Dum" bullets from India for the MK.III Enfeild and why Softpinted bullets were "Inhumane", and that FMJ's were settled apon, 1st as a reliable feeding bullet (the dum dum ung up often) and second that they(the FMJ's ) Killed men "Humanly", not a "Wounding round"....

So , Originally, FMJ's were for Humane killing and soft Points were "The Nasty", not so nice bullets....~LOL!!!

I alway figgure that as a "Human" all my killing was "Humane" Hahahahahahhah!!!!!!

Then again, as Ironic humor dictates, I can see the change that Men, hunting and Bullets have turned completely around in the last centurey.

maby I should photoshop the Blood out next???:rolleyes:

Well, Ive probly killed this Thread as I have many others before it, but I am here to share

Comment

A true subsistance hunter would have bit it on the neck. and tracked it for a day eating the pieces that fell off...

the use of foreigner rifles on domestic game is a pure shame... Those overseas brands just have no consideration for saving that soup bone your family could have used in a meal... next time take your kid and let him use is 243 rabbit gun on it.

enjoy dinner.. i would...
      "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

By the way stranger... as for the city dwelling, armchair roasting, tree stand hugging, Hunters you mentioned... they will never really understand life up here, let alone life where you are.. find a windy place to hang their outhouse rope and let them use it...

now boil me up one of those hoofs i want to try one
        "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

I'm up for some controversy............but you haven't given me anything I can argue with!!
          I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
          I have less friends now!!

Comment

Can't argue if you got a full belly and you always do.My guess is your gun and bullets have magic but all others like it are worthless.I'm thinking you got a bit of Raven in you.
            Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
              tree stand hugging,

Tree stand huggers, I like that.

Comment

Its not the arrow its the Indian. You made a good hit and now its supper time. What is wrong with that. You have hunting skills that most do not. Mr Cabelas fresh from the city is not at your level so for you its just fine. Mr Cabelas needs all the help he can get as he is lacking in skills

Comment

stranger, I was using FMJ 3006 mil surplus for deer 43 years ago because it was free and it worked OK cause I didn't know it wouldn't. Funny how it works OK when your feding the family. Keep up the good work! Tom

Comment

Keep it up

Stranger, keep doing what you've been doing. I really enjoy reading your story and the pics. I always take the neck or head shot when it's available. I've only lost one animal in 35 years of hunting. It still ticks me off a little when I think about it:mad:

I've learned a lot from this site the last few years. I always get a laugh out of those that think there way is the only way. But the main thing that I've learned is that - how's that old saying go? A lot of the "professional", (politically correct) opinions on here are just like *********s. They stink. Or something like that:rolleyes:

Comment

Sranger, I always love to see what you have posted! However I was a bit disappointed after reading you saw numerous caribou only one had spinal trauma. Come on? Did the gun jam? No one else in town was hungry?

I too am still waiting for a bit of pickled caribou feet? Gave my buddy some musk ox rocky mountain oysters yesterday. Later man, keep them coming!

Comment

A Good evening too!!!

Well, Im always one up for multipull kills, but they had me figured about 1/2 mile before I arrived, and had a Caribou type Hi-way plowed through the 5 feet of snow that the Willows lining the river hold. Theres a Delta here with the rivers lined with them and tree lined lakes here, and it would be an all day job to get my rig and and Unloaded sled outta that crap!!
                        Soooo, I settled for a fat one and stopped after that, as I only saw skinny bulls in shooting distance.

I figured with shopping over so quickly, Id go home and drink my thermos of coffe while working around the house...NOT!

The eldest son and oldest daughter immediatly declared THEY were going hnting and how could I say "No" ???

a Dozen bunnies later and the 11 year old daughter was demanding that it was now "her turn"....~LOL!!! She had indeed helped her sister with skinning and gutting, so again, who was I and where does this gasoline come from???:rolleyes:
                        I took this when the sun was quitting us and I wanted dinner.All those Bunnies were getting me hungry.....

Ahhhhhh, yes, I belive a nice loooooong ride is in my immediate future....~LOL!!!~

Might add too that I have never had pickled caribou feet , YET......only slow cooked with beans.....Now Pickled seagull eggs are worth their weight in Gold........

Comment

Why do I continue to enjoy your posts and find it so darned easy to agree with you?
                          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Good Evening, Indeed!

Originally posted by Akres View Post
                            Why do I continue to enjoy your posts and find it so darned easy to agree with you?
                            'Stranger'-
                            I, too, have enjoyed the many posts you share here and learning from your family's adventures you document here on the forum.
                            It sounds like you had a full day of hunting 'in shifts!'

I am curious about your name 'strangerinastrangeland'...
                            I apologize if this has been asked before, and if I recall correctly, you have mentioned you are not 'originally from Alaska'.
                            It sure seems that you and your family display here one of the more 'salt of the earth' lifestyles in Alaska.

Heck - you could offer an apprentice position (if you could stand it) and give some fortunate souls a REAL education!

Sincere 'Thank You' for sharing!
                            Doc
                            Cape CARES - San Marcos, Honduras - video

Comment

Heck Ya

Heck - you could offer an apprentice position (if you could stand it) and give some fortunate souls a REAL education!

Sincere 'Thank You' for sharing!
                              Doc [/quote]

I'll volunteer ; heck I'll even bring my owm 91/30 and some ball ammo. LoL !

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X