No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick P
    replied
    Make sure your not on private land within 14C.

PS lots of bears out this way though.

Leave a comment:

• Fuse
    replied
    Info

Originally posted by mallardman View Post
    I am looking for any info you have.
    Yup. It's between Prudhoe and Juneau.

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Brain, looking at my notes. Proposal 14, limit non-resident sheep permits was passed and amended. The amendment was passed that non-resident had to have a guide in the area... This was one they were talking about shutting out non-residents, but decided to limit the permits.

Proposal 2 is an extension for brown bear.. but I didn't write if it was amended.

You are correct, but then again BoG was all over the place.. so I probably thought they meant 14C and was talking about 16C, or something close. God only knows.

Leave a comment:

• B-radford
    replied
    Originally posted by upinak View Post
    yeah no joke. I doubt i will ever get the tag for ft rich either, but if i do... You are so coming with me!
    deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Yep I will do that. It was either Bears or Sheep. But I swear it was bears....

Originally posted by whitepalm View Post
    Yes, please expound when you have the notes, I dont recall that one either.

Leave a comment:

• whitepalm
    replied
    ER non res closure

Yes, please expound when you have the notes, I dont recall that one either.

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Brian my notes are at home (I think) or in my truck. Can I get back to you on that later today? I wrote them down I am pretty sure. I remember it was amended and that no non-resi's were to hunt for them.

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
    up - What proposal # closed black bear hunting in 14C to non-residents? I don't recall seeeing that one.

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Yeah no joke. I doubt I will ever get the tag for Ft Rich either, but if i do... you are so coming with me!

Originally posted by B-radford View Post
    I live in that area too, and i got all excited when I heard about that. In the summer I ride my mountian bikes thru those trails to get in to sheep shape everyday. Its not unusual for me to see 10-12 moose a week by my house. I guess i can pray to get a Ft.Rich tag again (yeah right).

Leave a comment:

• Brian M
    replied
    up - What proposal # closed black bear hunting in 14C to non-residents? I don't recall seeeing that one.

Leave a comment:

• B-radford
    replied
    Yep B, they were talking (and just talking) about opening up Bi-Cent Park for an Archery Only Moose hunting... and BAM! FAILED! Dude I live right over in that area... talk about an awesome hunt and a quick-ish hike back to the house with moose. I would have used my little red wagon too
    I live in that area too, and i got all excited when I heard about that. In the summer I ride my mountian bikes thru those trails to get in to sheep shape everyday. Its not unusual for me to see 10-12 moose a week by my house. I guess i can pray to get a Ft.Rich tag again (yeah right).

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Yep B, they were talking (and just talking) about opening up Bi-Cent Park for an Archery Only Moose hunting... and BAM! FAILED! Dude I live right over in that area... talk about an awesome hunt and a quick-ish hike back to the house with moose. I would have used my little red wagon too

Originally posted by B-radford View Post
    Over abundance?? What are you talking about? I was hoping the same, I wanted them to open up moose hunting here in town a little more too, there is definitly an abundance here in town. I would try to propose some more Archery only hunts here in town, but from the sounds of it the BOG doesnt like Archers.

Leave a comment:

• B-radford
    replied
    I was hoping they would open up the moose hunting more, due to the over abundance we are having here. That is about the only thing that non-resi can do without a guide.
    Over abundance?? What are you talking about? I was hoping the same, I wanted them to open up moose hunting here in town a little more too, there is definitly an abundance here in town. I would try to propose some more Archery only hunts here in town, but from the sounds of it the BOG doesnt like Archers.

Leave a comment:

• mallardman
    replied
    I am a resident and have a goat tag. I am trying to get my sherpa excited about the hunt and if he has a chance to pop a brownie or chase some birds around I know it would peak his interest.

Leave a comment:

• upinak
    replied
    Nope black and brown are out for non residents. Sheep and Goat for non resi is ok if they get a permit, but they have to have a guide, the "new" stipulations per BoG. I made sure I was there for ALL of the 14C discussion as I was hoping they would open up the moose hunting more, due to the over abundance we are having here. That is about the only thing that non-resi can do without a guide.

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
    up - That's not entirely true. A non-res could hunt small game (birds, which he asked about), goats by drawing permit, black bear, and potentially brown bear with a guide in the area designated as "Remainder 14C".

mallard - Yes, there are brown bears in there, and yes, it is steep. As for goats, all goat hunting in the area is done by drawing-permit only. There is a small area open for moose hunting and bear hunting, but you need to read the regulations and maps very, very closely.

I would say that late September is generally more realistic for getting a dusting of snow, and I've come across surprisingly few birds back there, so it wouldn't be my first choice for bird hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Brian M
    replied
    up - That's not entirely true. A non-res could hunt small game (birds, which he asked about), goats by drawing permit, black bear, and potentially brown bear with a guide in the area designated as "Remainder 14C".

mallard - Yes, there are brown bears in there, and yes, it is steep. As for goats, all goat hunting in the area is done by drawing-permit only. There is a small area open for moose hunting and bear hunting, but you need to read the regulations and maps very, very closely.

I would say that late September is generally more realistic for getting a dusting of snow, and I've come across surprisingly few birds back there, so it wouldn't be my first choice for bird hunting.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X