replied
    Longshadow,
    Where were you sitting at?
    COtoAK

Leave a comment:

• AK145
    replied
    Originally posted by LongShadow View Post
    I'm glad I found out about this seminar and was able to attend. It was obvious to me that you guys put a lot of time and thought into your video and oral presentation and are passionate about your sport. Thanks for sharing all of your tips and tricks. You seem have many sound and proven techniques that seem to keep the bears coming back year after year.

Rich from Brow-tine taxidermy also gave some very good tips about how one should care for your bear meat and hide once you put one on the ground.

Thanks to everyone involved.
    Thank you sir...glad you were able to attend!

Leave a comment:

• LongShadow
    replied
    Very Good Presentation

I'm glad I found out about this seminar and was able to attend. It was obvious to me that you guys put a lot of time and thought into your video and oral presentation and are passionate about your sport. Thanks for sharing all of your tips and tricks. You seem have many sound and proven techniques that seem to keep the bears coming back year after year.

Rich from Brow-tine taxidermy also gave some very good tips about how one should care for your bear meat and hide once you put one on the ground.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Leave a comment:

• COtoAK
    replied
    Originally posted by Vince View Post

talk about opening a bucket of anise.... Whew! doggy.... good thing that bacon smell masked a good portion of it..

Just picking on ...

Oh man... that scent ball is some rank stuff, but whatever it takes to bring in the baco... the bear.
    It's funny that you should mention 'scent' and 'stench' because my son was just telling me right beforehand that I smelled pretty because of my... bubble gum. :rolleyes: Come on! Who can appreciate a good Ralph Lauren every now and again.
    ANYTHING to cover up the stench, right?
    Some hunting days, I am positive that I enjoy smelling like this:
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Nothing like some good smelling hunting gear!

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    Originally posted by COtoAK View Post
    <grin> I am telling you guys that it wasn't me. It was my son... but if I have to take the blame to keep him from embarrassment, I'll take it.

talk about opening a bucket of anise.... Whew! doggy.... good thing that bacon smell masked a good portion of it..

Just picking on ...

Leave a comment:

• COtoAK
    replied
    Originally posted by rmonty View Post
    As you can tell AK145 is the talker in our bear baiting operation! I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out and the kind words. To tell you the truth I wasn't expecting that many people, caught me a little off guard to tell you the truth.
    Sounds like they want us to do it again in a couple of weeks so if you aren't doing anything you can come and do it all over again and maybe CotoAK can show a little more control of the gas problem!
    Thanks again, it was great to finally put a face with some of you.
    <grin> I am telling you guys that it wasn't me. It was my son... but if I have to take the blame to keep him from embarrassment, I'll take it.

Leave a comment:

• rmonty
    replied
    Thanks

As you can tell AK145 is the talker in our bear baiting operation! I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out and the kind words. To tell you the truth I wasn't expecting that many people, caught me a little off guard to tell you the truth.
    Sounds like they want us to do it again in a couple of weeks so if you aren't doing anything you can come and do it all over again and maybe CotoAK can show a little more control of the gas problem!
    Thanks again, it was great to finally put a face with some of you.

Leave a comment:

• AK145
    replied
    Thanks

It was nice to finally put some faces with user names and avitars!

Bob and I both appreciate the kind words and I'm glad everyone was able to make it. I hope people were able to come away with some ideas or thoughts that could help them in some way...that was the whole point of the show.

I thought about bringing some donuts to put out for everyone....but with the whole cop and donut thing I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it for long time! :eek:

52 people? Certainly not a bad turnout. I think they told us there were about a dozen last year. I think posting on ODD helped get the word out!

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    Not sure how but my kids wound up with BOTH hydration packs also....

they were PROUD to tell mom... Vanessa won... and Natalie scored .....the gent that got #2 gave his to her....

I thought that was pretty cool of him.. and the kids are all over it.. i guess i will have to have 2 water deliveries this week.....

Leave a comment:

• COtoAK
    replied
    Originally posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    nicely done, good info, good photos and film. Couple of good tips and good reminders.
    Thanks for taking the time to come out, and thanks for talking to me about trail cams too.
    It was good to meet Dan in AK, Vince, the ever notorious but beautiful COtoAK w/hubby and kids also.
    It was nice to finally meet you, AK River Rat. I just wished that we had more time to talk. We had to go because I had to work for the remainder of the day today.

Leave a comment:

• Ak River Rat
    replied
    yep

nicely done, good info, good photos and film. Couple of good tips and good reminders.
    Thanks for taking the time to come out, and thanks for talking to me about trail cams too.
    It was good to meet Dan in AK, Vince, the ever notorious but beautiful COtoAK w/hubby and kids also.

Leave a comment:

• COtoAK
    replied
    Originally posted by Vince View Post
    sorry if Daniel and i stole any of your thunder giggling like school kids.. but it was because of COtoAK unlady like gas passing in the inflatable raft she had to sit on... i am sure she left early because she couldn't blame it on the kids any more...
    Now now... that was my son that was passing gas on the raft that he sat on during the seminar. (winks)
    It was great seeing all of you there and meeting AK River Rat... and it was a nice surprise seeing Lab Man there, too! Of course, it's always a hoot seeing Daniel in AK and Vince.

There were quite a few people that were there today, I thought. There were people from Fish and Game and from the Alaska Trappers Association, too.

Here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment!

AK145,
    I counted 52 that was there today. I am not sure if you got the same. The # was before the intermission. There were a ton of other people standing in the aisles and behind where we were at next to the gun safes.
    Great presentation. Truly. It was well put on and professionally presented.

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    bum...WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there

no need its over... Great show AK145... good job on it. the appetizers were filling and the kids even Had a good time.

sorry if Daniel and i stole any of your thunder giggling like school kids.. but it was because of:eek: COtoAK unlady like gas passing in the inflatable raft she had to sit on... i am sure she left early because she couldn't blame it on the kids any more...

all in all had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.:cool:

Leave a comment:

• Ak River Rat
    replied
    real bears or photo shop

Anybody else really look at those bears? Holy guacamole. Either they are real bruisers or this guy is good at photo shop. And I hope it is the first. Those bears are beautiful. Very nice and congrats.

Leave a comment:

• mrkc
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Vince we where there afew hours ago, and while ahem! going p we saw the deal about a sign in sheet......We made numbers 11,12 and the 13th person signing in. Wonder where everyone is? There has to be more than 13 bear hunters in Fairbanks?
    That mean I had to sign up in advance? I thought it was a `just show up` sort of deal...

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X