Bear Baiting Seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AK145 View Post
    My bear hunting partners and I will be hosting a bear baiting seminar (free) at the Fairbanks S.W. on April 11th at 1:00 p.m. The date and time is subject to change but for now that is it.

Topics will include, site and stand locations, shot placement, size judging, bait, game laws, trail cam use...etc. We will conclude with a skinning and hide prep demonstration as well. Will be demonstrating and show casing products from Bear Scents and other products sold at S.W. (no, we don't work there) There will be plenty of video and pictures via power point to keep things interesting.
    Just FYI for those new to bear baiting
    Just in case Co missed it.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
      LOL you been planning a car pool and trip to Sportsman's Whse on the 11th... and you don't know when it is? kind of reminds me of a Seinfeld eppisode...... you know the one where George got really smart?
      Okay... so it wasn't as bad as what I thought that you said.
      I haven't been planning a car pool.. that's Daniel in AK. He said that if people are heading in a so-and-so direction out of NoPo that he'd carpool. I can't carpool. I have to go back to work.
      Yes... it kind of reminds me of a Seinfeld Episode, too. :rolleyes:

Just in case Co missed it.....
      So.. I didn't miss it. S.W. in Colorado terms is South West. That's how I grew up 'learning' this stuff. He also said that the date and time could change, so my question was is everything solidified for the 11th @ 1pm?
      This whole time I have been thinking that it would be somewhere in South West Fairbanks. :rolleyes: Add some spanish in there, too... for reading it backwards. (Fairbanks S.W. or South West Fairbanks)
      Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by COtoAK View Post
        *Still waiting on your go-ahead, AK145.
        Do you have a location and time yet on when you plan to do this?
        Maybe I missed it in the thread?!:confused:
        Still on the 11th at 1:00 pm. We've put in hours working on the power point...should be pretty entertaining.

Comment

Okay... so it wasn't as bad as what I thought that you said.
          I haven't been planning a car pool.. that's Daniel in AK. He said that if people are heading in a so-and-so direction out of NoPo that he'd carpool. I can't carpool. I have to go back to work.
          Now Im scared top car pool with her.........Im a fraid we'd get lost in S.W. Fairbanks and not make it to S.W. oh! heck! Now I am confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
            Now Im scared top car pool with her.........Im a fraid we'd get lost in S.W. Fairbanks and not make it to S.W. oh! heck! Now I am confused.
            *cracking me up*
            Yes... we would get lost. The only time I know when it's S.W. Fairbanks is when the truck says it is. I am directionally lost in this part of Alaska.
            If we carpool, you are driving, but we can't carpool because I have to get back to work.
            Does this mean you are going then?
            Lurker.

Comment

*cracking me up*
              Yes... we would get lost. The only time I know when it's S.W. Fairbanks is when the truck says it is. I am directionally lost in this part of Alaska.
              If we carpool, you are driving, but we can't carpool because I have to get back to work.
              Does this mean you are going then?

hmmm between your family, Daniels, family and mine we should be able to fill up the first four rows... but i wonder....

how many tomatoes is that?
              "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

hmmm between your family, Daniels, family and mine we should be able to fill up the first four rows... but i wonder....

how many tomatoes is that?
                Good thinkin'. I wasn't even thinking about bringing the kidlets.
                AK145, is this something that's kid friendly? I am assuming that it is... but is the content exciting enough to engage and capture kidlets? I'd bring them if that were to be the case.

How many toms is that?
                I don't know. There is a thread on that.
                Lurker.

Comment

Good thinkin'. I wasn't even thinking about bringing the kidlets.
                  AK145, is this something that's kid friendly? I am assuming that it is... but is the content exciting enough to engage and capture kidlets? I'd bring them if that were to be the case.

How many toms is that?
                  I don't know. There is a thread on that.
                  Well....you are looking at between one to two hours, with a taxidermist at the end as well talking about skinning tips and such. There will be several video clips and some hands on demonstrations as well during the seminar. There is nothing boring about any of it, and it's good info...there is not one slide without good pictures. I guess it would depend on how old they are but it may be a little long.

Comment

Kiddos

Originally posted by AK145 View Post
                    Well....you are looking at between one to two hours, with a taxidermist at the end as well talking about skinning tips and such. There will be several video clips and some hands on demonstrations as well during the seminar. There is nothing boring about any of it, and it's good info...there is not one slide without good pictures. I guess it would depend on how old they are but it may be a little long.
                    Glad COtoAK asked the question. I was thinking about bringing my 3 year old daughter with me. She already cries, "Daddy, I want to go hunting with you. I want to hunt big bears with you, and ducks, and foxes with you" whenever I leave the house on a trip. I thought it might be a good daddy/daughter trip after her baby brother gets here in 10 days to let her get some time to herself. See you all there. I guess if she gets bored I'll have to go buy something instead Is it too early for a 10/22 for her?

Fuse

Comment

Originally posted by Fuse View Post
                      Glad COtoAK asked the question. I was thinking about bringing my 3 year old daughter with me. She already cries, "Daddy, I want to go hunting with you. I want to hunt big bears with you, and ducks, and foxes with you" whenever I leave the house on a trip. I thought it might be a good daddy/daughter trip after her baby brother gets here in 10 days to let her get some time to herself. See you all there. I guess if she gets bored I'll have to go buy something instead Is it too early for a 10/22 for her?

Fuse
                      Fuse,
                      My children LOVE other people's children. They can 'hang out' together and walk the store and visit the kayak/tent section. Two hours is definitely a long time, but I could help Fuse with his daughter and I could send the kidlets over to Barnes and Noble for coffee and drinks and come straight back.
                      That should work.
                      Daniel, if you bring your son, that would be good for our kidlets to play, too.
                      So... it looks like we will be bringing our kidlets. Maybe I'll bring the laptop or a DVD player so that they can watch movies on the side if need be.
                      Lurker.

Comment

I'll bring the boys.......and If all else fails Im sending them packing to Barnes and Noble to look at book, oh! wait there's even game stop next door so I can say NO! alot and tthe pet store too....hmmm! Can all the kids in the house say Field trip to Pet Smart? lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
                          I'll bring the boys.......and If all else fails Im sending them packing to Barnes and Noble to look at book, oh! wait there's even game stop next door so I can say NO! alot and tthe pet store too....hmmm! Can all the kids in the house say Field trip to Pet Smart? lol!
                          That includes you... so are you saying that you are ditching us to join the rest of the kidlets at Pet Smart and Game Stop??
                          Lurker.

Comment

No, no ditching.........I, there to learn, and I say learn because I dont know anything about baiting honestly.Was just lucky last year, so Im going to be all ears.

Comment

how did this great invitation turn into a date thread between Daniel and CO?:confused:

meet on face book here

Comment

how did this great invitation turn into a date thread between Daniel and CO?
                                No no... no date thread. We are just trying to figure out what we are going to do with our kidlets. I think that Daniel would *rather* be with the kidlets than the bear baiting seminar.
                                Sorry, Daniel... but all my dates belong to the person that put the ring on my finger and I am sure that you can agree and attest to that for yourself as well.
                                Sorry, Vince... I am not into sharing. I am kind of selfish that way and rightfully so.

Can we get back to bear baiting now?:rolleyes:
                                Lurker.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X