Big Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear

I posted about my Spring Kodiak Bear hunt back in May. I posted about the HUGE boar that we couldn't take because we just landed. I finally put the short clip into my photobucket for all of you to see. This is the bear that greeted us as we got off of the floatplane in Three Saints Bay, Kodiak back in April. We didn't even have our rifles out of the cases when we filmed this big boy. Of course, we couldn't shoot because we just got done flying. Bummer. Didn't have a decent chance at taking him again on the whole hunt. We managed to take a small boar at the end of the hunt. Too bad...F&G said that this would've been one of the biggest taken off the island this year....and the hide was Perfect. We did manage to check out his tracks in the snow the next day above camp....the hind foot was 15 inches long. The front pad was 9 1/2 inches wide!
    The bear that could've been.....
    Johnny
    http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...nt=bigbear.flv

um' is that a shooter? Looked kind of small? LMAO....

What a hog, to bad you never got a shot at it. Beauty head and hide!

Comment

Freaking HUGE indeed! Holy crap.

Comment

wonderfull

Great footage thats a real nice looking bear

Comment

Wow! that is a hog!!

Comment

Maybe

I should have lured him to me with a bag of marshmellows. I could've had him eating outta my hand the first day, and blown him away the next?
            Johnny

Comment

Thats a monster dude, too bad you couldn't take him.

Comment

nice/goin for blackie in a.m.

john,
                here's hoping the rednecks are gone. maybe the turnagain pass blackie will wait for me. [i think i can get closer than 750-1100 yards !!]
                jim

Comment

Brownie

Nice brownie. I am quite anxious to bow hunt monster brown bear. Came close last year to a small/medium one.

Anyone ever tried hunting brown bear across the west side of Cook Inlet?
                  Marc Theiler

Comment

Florida Boy...

Good to see you made it on here. I hope you get that Blackie tomorrow. After the idiots missed that bear the first 6 times, I was rooting for the bear. Good luck tomorrow. Let us know if you get one. Also, How'd you like that Big'un on my vid?
                    Johnny

Comment

That is a BIG bear!Better luck next time

Good hunting

Comment

here ya go...

well,
                        a slight miscalculation on my part on the "pass" blackie .....do the math.
                        {came real close}
                        however, a few days ago......got this guy at about 2800 feet in another area. almost had to spend the night. he's six feet [on a stretch]. lost some gear and had to climb back up but recovered everything.
                        fl. boy

Comment

Congrats

on the Blackie....although it didn't post on here.... I'm assuming you tried to post it but it got lost in the shuffle? Try again. I want to see your trophy. I wonder if anybody ever did get the Pass' Blackie? I was out last Saturday around Hope, but I started to get sick, so I didn't stay long. Looks like maybe only 1 or 2 weekends left and they will start to hole up. DOn't know if I'll make it back out again or not.
                          Either Way,
                          Congrats!
                          Johnny

Comment

skydiver;

thanks for posting the video. that was bigg...
                            Cold Zero
                            Member: S.C.I., N.R.A. Life Endowment Member & L.E. Tactical Firearms Instr.

Comment

great clip

...thanks for sharing that great clip...an obviously huge boar and a treat; part of a memorable hunt and a memory: what makes fair chase and ethical hunting the heritage we all cherish...a few seconds that last a lifetime...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X