Kodiak Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodiak Weather

Anyone one know how bad the rain is in Oct. compared to say Sept. or November. I'm trying to plan a deer hunt by boat and wondering when the best time to go would be.

Thx
    MMJ

you will get about 30 days of rain in Oct. as compared to Sept and Nov where you will only get about 30 days of rain.

Comment

October

Since there's 31 days in October, that's one less day of rain compared to September & November!!! Pick October!

Comment

Originally posted by RastaHunter View Post
        you will get about 30 days of rain in Oct. as compared to Sept and Nov where you will only get about 30 days of rain.
        Count on it the whole time. I live in my raingear year round.

Comment

funny

Hilarious posts! I'd pic Sept because the rain will be a little warmer.

Comment

honestly though, I would pick September because November will be colder and you have a chance to get some late run silvers. It really is unpredictable though.

Comment

Forget the weather, just hunt :-)

If I was going for Deer, I would go the 1st week of Nov. Simply because Blacktail on Kodiak typically go into rut during the 1st week of NOV. The weather is worse yea, but almost all of the vegatation is gone, that means better visibility and the deer will have a greater tendency to come down at low tide.
              1. It's the rut
              2. Better Visibility
              3. More Deer down at low tide
              4. Maybe most of all, less hunting pressure.

Comment

well theres usually less rain in november, cause most of it has turned to snow....

you'll see deer in nov that you wouldn't see in oct or sept...horney deer move more.
                Www.blackriverhunting.com
                Master guide 212

Comment

This whole post is just classic for Kodiak.

You gotta love that rock.

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys. I've spent a bit of time in Kodiak from June through August, but never later on in the hunting season. I do know it rains in sheets down there and am always prepared for it. Thanks for the input, I'll see if we can swing for November.

Comment

live in southeast for a while and you'll find kodiak has awesome weather
                      I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X