Souped up Sheep Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souped up Sheep Boots

Anyone ever done this to your boots? Saw this on another hunting forum. Looks like an alternate to crampons.

Wonder how well it would work.
    Attached Files

wow

And just think you wouldn't even have to change shoes before heading out to the golf course.

Not sure I'm buying it...

Comment

WEll

It might work on ice and snow but it could be very slick on shale. Should be noisy too, like a horse walking on a cobblestone street.
      Just my guess .

Comment

Looks to like someone got bored one day.
        A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Comment

if you read some of the early o'connor in the rockies they used "hobnailed" boots kind of like that. they were (of course) a spin off of the logger boots or "calks".

these boots are kind of handy (?) on some kinds of terrain, such as climbing trees, but are actually slippery to the point of dangerous on rock or shale.

on top of everything else, if you kneel or sit on the soles........you might move sudden-like and spook game.

happy trails.
          jh
          happy trails.
          jh

Comment

Those would be awesome if you hunt in a rainforest area, like SE Alaska, where everything is steep and is covered in wet slippery grass, and moss. But definately wouldn't use em for most hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by WinMag View Post
              And just think you wouldn't even have to change shoes before heading out to the golf course.

Not sure I'm buying it...
              LOL, yeah I think they would be better on the golf course.

Comment

Fore!

You've got a helluva slice if you need a pair of those! I'd take the drop and a penalty stroke.

Comment

Its legit. Ive got cork boots for goat hunting in SE.

Comment

good on dirt or logs but suck on rock
                    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

I think a pair of stabilicers with the normal screws replaced with spiked screws would be more practical.

http://www.32north.com/prod_stab.htm

Comment

I am surprised more of the SE folks havn't chimed in here. I know that there are more than a few that use Calked boots for hunting Balckailes, Goats and blackies down in that area. For slick steep grass and rain forest it would be hard to beat. Now in the Shale and crags it would be a very poor choice.

Comment

corked boots

Them is gonna be a trip hazard for me, same as crampons. Gonna have to mend some pants cuffs.

Dennis
                          Imagine (It's easy if you try)
                          …miles and miles of mountains…wide expanses of tundra...remote wild waters…
                          (Whisper words of wisdom) Let It Be

Comment

Honestly

If you were going strait up the mountain from the beach......maybe. All the locations I like to hunt have at least a one mile approach until I hit the climb. Once I'm on the top I try and stay on level spots as much as possible.

There would be times those boots would be great but I wouldn't choose to wear them for an entire hunt. Maybe if I was flying into a really high lake and hunting ultra steep stuff.

Speciality application product IMHO.

Scrambling around in some dense lowland timber with lots of downed logs would get me to get those out too.

Fun to talk about but like any other sweet gaget that comes up here there are alternatives and if we were to bring everything into the field we soon need to hire sherpas to hunt AK. In this case they are already altering a sweet all around boot.

Comment

Going up is never a problem........coming down in the dark on slick grass/logs they save your ass literally. They are OK on rock and great on ice.

You can buy extra tuffs with the cork soles for pretty cheep.

Im a believer.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X