Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFG&G Goat Identification Quiz

http://www.wildlifenews.alaska.gov/h...iz_for_web.pdf

The above link will download a pdf to your computer for the digital version of a goat sex identification quiz that Fish and Game just recently produced. Since we recently had a lot of interest in this topic, I figured many would like to look through this to practice their skills before heading afield this coming fall.

Also available on paper at many ADF&G offices. I've got the newsprint version kicking around the living room...

Comment

Talked with ADF&G before I submitted my proposal. At this time they mentioned that they were working on a poster that would assist hunters, but when I mentioned that Utah has a test online they mentioned it would cost too much and it wasn't needed?

Glad to see they changed there mind.

Troy

Comment

I find the goats easier to id then sheep.. i only got 1 wrong on that test..

uhh... sticky btw... plz
        sigpic
        If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Thanks for the post, looks like they did a good job

Comment

Great post

Thanks for the post. I feel pretty good about that test. I only missed 1. Its great that game and fish finally came up with something else besides the poster. I would like to see something like montana's griz/black bear test though. You have to take the test and pass to get the certificate to hunt. Hillbilly

Comment

I missed a couple of the juvenile animals and one where the pic was fairly fuzzy. I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on any of those, though, so I felt pretty good about it. Even better, my wife got all of them but one, and she's the one with the permit this year!

Comment

i wanna know

i wanna know if the goat in question number 9 is still around and where exactly he is, thats a huge billy
                "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Comment

I missed more than a couple but like Brian I wouldn't have shot any of the ones I missed.

Comment

Same here

I did not read any of the material, scrolled through and answered very quickly. Missed 2, but I would not have considered any of the goats I missed.
                    Louis

Comment

Great Post

I sent a couple of pictures into the email address listed in the quiz and got a quick response from Kristen. She is going to use some of the pictures I sent her in the next edition. Sounds like she is looking for more.

Comment

Good Reference

Thanks, Brian. That was a good test. I'll have to keep it in mind prior to the August opening date. Appreciate the information.

Mike

Comment

This is great. I'll take a copy of this with me to look at before we head out on the hunt. Every little bit helps & I even taught my wife & thing or two lastnight about goats (like I'm the expert)...we enjoyed looking at it together.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That was fun

And informative. I missed a bunch, but that's ok. I figure most I could not have shot with a bow anyway. They sure are pretty animals, and some gorgeous country to boot.
                            Now If I could just get on top of the mountain as easy as it was in the test!

Comment

Cool!

I gotta say, that was pretty cool. I could see where that would help alot of people out.
                              Ryan from Wasilla

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X