Finally decided about my bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally decided about my bear

I was gonna do a lifesize but decided to go with a rug. We started on it tonight. I really like the coloring. We have shot quite a few odd colored blackies but this one has black tips and the rest is grey. the whole bear is like that.

I decided on the rug cuz I'm hoping the true colors will show. I'll post pics next week when its done.
    Attached Files

looking forward to the end product.
    Maybe you should do a tutorial as you go. Would be interesting for the rest of us.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

I'll post pics as we go. I dont know crap about taxidermy. I just do what the wifey tells me to do.

She's been a rugger for about 12 years now.

Comment

Irish Setter colored blacky?

That's a beautiful color, saw one like that in PWS last summer. Looking forward to seeing the process pictures.

We gets lots of color variations in black bears in Idaho too, especially lots of cinnamon. Two years ago I saw one that was the exact color of an irish setter, deep red with lighter golden tips, with a white swirl like toothpaste on the top of the head, wouldn't get closer than 80 yards and I was bowhunting, so hope he's still out there! Ever see one that color??

Comment

Originally posted by Blink View Post
          I just do what the wifey tells me to do.
          Words to live by
          Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
          "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

Here it is with the head mounted. now a day to dry then we can start getting it ready to be rugged. Sorry about the pics, I'm not photographer and my camera sucks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good so far and I think the hardest part is done
              Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Could your wife rug my wolf? Or, maybe I should ask, could you help your wife rug my wolf? What's the business? I've been looking for a couple of days for a taxi to do a wolf I just got.

Comment

Another update. been a busy week so our schedule got pushed back.

the first pic is rough, we just pulled it up and flipped it over. Its not groomed or fixed.

2nd pic is of the coloring. I really am starting to like grey.

tonight we are gonna putty the face and some other small details and hopefully it will be on the wall by sunday night.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It would have made a great lifesize mount.

Comment

We were thinking about the lifesize. I just didnt see one that grabbed me. She had a spare form, batting and felt laying around and I decided to just do a rug.

I'll kick myself in the butt later. The one I wanted that depicted exactly how I shot it, wouldnt fit. the form was to small. oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vance in AK View Post
                        Words to live by
                        Vance, I laughed out loud when I read that......"Yes, Dear"....we've all been there! :cool:
                        The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                        sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

Originally posted by Blink View Post
                          The one I wanted that depicted exactly how I shot it, wouldnt fit. the form was to small. oh well.
                          If you brought it to me i would have altered the form to fit the bear, you have to alter bear forms 99% of the time anyways. never seen 1 yet that fits a bear perfectly

Comment

Blue Bear

Almost look's like a Blue (glacier) Bear dark phase. But they usually have Black legs and a Black dorsal stripe. With Grey / Blue opaque claws.

But very similar color underfur that you got there ... grey / blue
                            johnnie laird

Comment

We know all about altering forms. I even had some molds at my disposal to make a form.

We talked about the blue bear aspact and I'm not discounting anything. the bear was shout outside of Tok. not to many glaciers running around up there. wierder things have happened though.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X