Becoming an Outdoors Woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming an Outdoors Woman?

Anyone involved in this in either Anchorage or Fairbanks?
    Any of your wives been involved in this?
    Here is a schedule:
    http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/regio...A/bow.schedule
    There is nothing offered in the Interior, though.
    I posted about this last year, but I couldn't find the original thread.
    Lurker.

My wife did the event at Lost Lake last summer. She was really hoping to do it again this year and is currently planning to go to the winter workshop.

Hopefully they haven't cancelled this year's summer workshop. She's been looking forward to that since last year!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

A coworker went to the winter workshop last year and absolutely loved it. She learned a lot and had a lot of fun. She's going back this year, and my wife and another coworker are joining them. They're pretty excited about their trip to Chickaloon.

I think it's a really cool and impressive program. I was pretty surprised that my wife signed up for the trapping class :eek: - and I'm only a little bit jealous.
      Pursue happiness with diligence.

Comment

When is the winter workshop and when do you have to be registered for the summer workshop?
        Lurker.

Comment

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/region3/programs/BOW/

They have a schedule up for the year now, but you can't register for events until they open it (like 4-8 weeks in advance or something).

My wife went to the winter event last year and loved it. She is going again this year.

Richard

Comment

My wife signed up and is looking foward to it.
            Living the Alaskan Dream
            Gary Keller
            Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by COtoAK View Post
              When is the winter workshop and when do you have to be registered for the summer workshop?
              Winter workshop is March 13-15 in Chickaloon.
              http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/Regio...n%20Packet.pdf

You've got a while still until you can register for the summer workshop.
              Pursue happiness with diligence.

Comment

We are super busy that week/weekend. Hm. Maybe I might still be able to go to that one.
                Thanks for letting me know Wyoming.
                It's just unfortunate that there isn't another event located in Fairbanks.
                Chickaloon is quite the drive from the Interior even in March.
                Lurker.

Comment

My wife did that about 2 years ago, IIRC. Enjoyed it. Made a pulk and did an overnight ski trip (in the rain)
                  Repeat after me: Placement. Bullet. Caliber.

Comment

Sweet. I'm hoping that by involving my woman in some of these classes, she will truly understand the need for good, expensive gear!!
                    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

Explain to her that it's an 'investment' just like her make up is an 'investment'. She doesn't want to go out with only the best for her and neither would you when you are hunting. You need the best of the best gear.
                      I have better analogies. I'll just have to think about them.
                      Lurker.

Comment

Is wldboar going with you COtoAK?
                        Living the Alaskan Dream
                        Gary Keller
                        Anchorage, AK

Comment

She could but I haven't registered yet.
                          I'll ask wldboar if she's interested in coming.
                          Lurker.

Comment

Explain to her that it's an 'investment' just like her make up is an 'investment'. She doesn't want to go out with only the best for her and neither would you when you are hunting. You need the best of the best gear.
                            I have better analogies. I'll just have to think about them.
                            She has expensive make-up, too.
                            We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

She could but I haven't registered yet.
                              I'll ask wldboar if she's interested in coming.
                              Keep a look out for my wife if you go. The outdoors thing is still fairly new to her.
                              Living the Alaskan Dream
                              Gary Keller
                              Anchorage, AK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X