Wrangell Ait Taxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrangell Ait Taxis

I will have the pleasure to hunt sheep in the Wrangells this year with hoosier and was wondering available air taxis to get us in and possible prices? Past recomendations are always a plus. Thanks again.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

N/S?

Northern Wrangell Mts or southern Wrangell Mts?

Dennis
    Imagine (It's easy if you try)
    …miles and miles of mountains…wide expanses of tundra...remote wild waters…
    (Whisper words of wisdom) Let It Be

Comment

We're mainly looking at north Wrangells/Nutzotins...

Comment

north Wrangells

First I would contact Kirk and Cole Ellis. I am not certain that they are even doing drop offs any more, but they are the first to contact because they used to charge less to get into that Jacksina Glacier country and northern Wrangells.

Next, I mean one minute later, I would contact 40 Mile Air.

Dennis
        AK TAGS
        Imagine (It's easy if you try)
        …miles and miles of mountains…wide expanses of tundra...remote wild waters…
        (Whisper words of wisdom) Let It Be

Comment

Choices

Cooper Valley Air
          McCarthy Air
          Wrangell Mountain Air
          Lee's flying service
          40 Mile Air

Ellis doesnt do sheep hunters any more.

Good luck getting into the Nutzotins...

Comment

I imagine

that you would be hard pressed to get a 40 mile air charter lined up right now, but worth a call. Ellis is no longer dropping hunters, they are just guiding from what I know. Shoot me a pm and let me know what area/areas you are looking at. Might be able to help out.

Comment

Air Taxi Info.

Fortymile begins taking non-repeat clients on the 15 the of Dec, good luck. Lynn, Kirk, Cole Ellis can't remember which one I spoke with in Nov, I believe it was Lynn, still had openings for the nosebleed section of the Wrangells, as of Dec, Gary @ Mcarthy air had a few openings when we booked with him. I have found that to book early with the taxi of your choice prior to the draw results, work a deal as to get your deposit back if you get a gold card for any other area. Some will some won't. You may be limited on choices this late:confused: Good Luck!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X