Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel lucky? Well do ya?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you feel lucky? Well do ya?

    Today is the day (at least it is supposed to be!) So what did you do to tip the odds in your favor? Lucky socks? Underwear? are you going to wait patiently or mash the refresh button on your screen all day?
    Good luck!

  • #2
    i've been checking 1-2 x / day all week and twice today ALREADY in high hopes. My fear is MARCH IS AFTER 5PM 2-6-2009. :eek::mad:
    I sure hope today is the day........GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE.
    I JUST WANT ONE LITTLE OLD SHEEP TAG AND ONE GOAT TAG.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm feeling lucky that someone will win one that I'll get to tag along with. I've never won a goat tag, so I sure would like to break that curse, but as long as either my wife or one of my close friends wins something, at least I'll get to spend some time chasing white dots in the mountains. I don't care if I don't win - I just want to be there!

      Comment


      • #4
        Lucky?!?!?!

        Well, after being unsuccessful for 20 years, I hit DG360 4 years ago, nothing 3 years ago, Tok Sheep 2 years ago, and then hit the tri-fecta with Raspberry Elk, Unit 20 Caribou, and Kodiak spring bear last year, I don't expect to win anything! At least they can't take away that nice Tok sheep off my wall.... I don't think!

        And please, I hope someone proposes that each person may win only one drawing permit per year. Once you win one tag, of any species, then let other people have a chance.

        I was basically unable to hunt for the caribou, I doubt I'll be able to afford the time or the money to hunt the brownie in the spring, but we did the elk hunt and we got lucky with getting an elk.

        I'd sure like to hear what you guys think of that.

        Good Luck tonight!!!

        Claude
        Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

        Comment


        • #5
          What did I do to improve my odds of drawing a tag? I'll put it this way, mom couldn't have planned it any better for me!
          Edited to add: What's with the emoticons? They aren't working today.

          Comment


          • #6
            SO...

            is happy birthday in the works for you AK45???

            I hope someone wins a permit in the family. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another as I can hunt with a draw or without a draw.

            One thing I don't do is put in for hunts that I CAN'T do. I have no put in for Kodiak brown bears just because there is no way I can get the time off when needed. I don't think it is fair for me to take a chance away from someone else.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brian M View Post
              I'm feeling lucky that someone will win one that I'll get to tag along with. I've never won a goat tag, so I sure would like to break that curse, but as long as either my wife or one of my close friends wins something, at least I'll get to spend some time chasing white dots in the mountains. I don't care if I don't win - I just want to be there!
              Exactly Brian,
              Thats why I sign up member of my family members that I know would like a particular drawing hunt, but either dont know about the drawings or in my sister's case a college kid and I spring the cash for the hunting liscense and drawing tags for her with the understanding that I will have the honor of packing out her goat/sheep before I ever got to shoot one and same with my dad. I'm selfish in a way, just looking for any excuse to get a chance to hunt these drawings. The actual shooting of the animal is such a small part of the hunt that anyone close to me that wins and I get to tag along is basically like me winning as well I might not have to tote a gun.

              I guess thats why I never really understood doing party hunts within family and close friends on road accessible hunts. Why not just double your odds of atleast one person getting to draw and then you get to go along as well? I can see the logic in flyout/drop off hunts in that the elevated costs of such hunts its sometimes easier to justify spliting up the costs if more members of the party have a tag and a chance to shoot. However, I'd still split the cost of a Kodiak BB hunt if someone close won one as it'd be super cool just to go along on one of those. Havent really applied for those hunts yet however, may have to in the future.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lucky Underwear

                Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                Today is the day (at least it is supposed to be!) So what did you do to tip the odds in your favor? Lucky socks? Underwear? are you going to wait patiently or mash the refresh button on your screen all day?
                Good luck!
                I wore my lucky underwear last Friday and have been wearing them ever since. I sure hope the drawing is tonight or the wifey says I'm sleeping in the garage as she won't have another week of this.
                Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lucky Day

                  I hope to score today, its my birthday... I am confident it will help me in my quest to pull a sheep tag. Yee HaXXXXXXX Fingers Crossed Good luck to all.
                  Pick A Spot

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mikthestik View Post
                    I hope to score today, its my birthday... I am confident it will help me in my quest to pull a sheep tag. Yee HaXXXXXXX Fingers Crossed Good luck to all.
                    Yeah but is it your........... oh, nevermind.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They had better hurry up. The wife is going to skin me, I've been burning my LUCKY candles for over a week already and the wax is starting to run down the dresser. I might end up burning down the house if they don't come out today. LOL

                      Steve
                      "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by northway View Post
                        is happy birthday in the works for you AK45???

                        I hope someone wins a permit in the family. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another as I can hunt with a draw or without a draw.

                        One thing I don't do is put in for hunts that I CAN'T do. I have no put in for Kodiak brown bears just because there is no way I can get the time off when needed. I don't think it is fair for me to take a chance away from someone else.
                        Yes, I agree with Northway. I don't apply for Kodiak BB for the same reason as his.

                        I will be divorced if I draw Tok sheep as I'm sitting on Nunivak Muskox as we speak.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Another delay

                          I forgot to put in my permits this year. I called ADF&G and they are going to put the drawing on hold until it can submit them.

                          Sorry about that guys and gals.

                          Troy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post

                            I guess thats why I never really understood doing party hunts within family and close friends on road accessible hunts. Why not just double your odds of atleast one person getting to draw and then you get to go along as well?
                            Same here. I've never put in for a party hunt, and would only do so to justify a fly-out. On road hunts, we put in separate apps to increase the overall odds of meat in the freezer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Formerly Montana Bob View Post
                              I sure hope the drawing is tonight or the wifey says I'm sleeping in the garage as she won't have another week of this.
                              In my case, I think my wife is more excited that I am. I told her last night that the permits should be out today, and she just about jumped out of her skin with excitement. She yelled Yeaaah! I'm gonna win a SHEEP!! Ha! I love it.

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X