No announcement yet.

Delay on Draw Hunt Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my time at Clear and one thing I learned being a local; you had a full freezer. Do not want to come off hard, just a tad bit Piss*& about the way things have gone. Buy you a beer at the Clear Sky. Sorry for the attitude.
    Quod Dominus Noster Jesus

Comment

Nothing like getting a big crap sandwich in the mail

I got one of the letters. I am not happy about it. I understand that the locals need their chance to put some meat in the freezer, but without some divine intervention from Fish and Game I would have to guess it is a pretty low percentage that actually get drawn for the hunt. If getting into that hunt was important to them at all they would have been checking up on it. I am not into litigation, (all it does is make the lawyers richer) Fish and Game let the clowns run the circus on this one. I am sure I would have put in for different hunts if I had known this one was going to be a spring draw. I am not sure what I will do now.

Comment

I am not too familiar with the moose hunting suppliments. I focus on Goats and Sheep. Can someone tell me the background on these moose drawings and why they are so popular and hard to draw?

Comment

Originally posted by High_Pockets View Post
          I got one of the letters. I am not happy about it. I understand that the locals need their chance to put some meat in the freezer, but without some divine intervention from Fish and Game I would have to guess it is a pretty low percentage that actually get drawn for the hunt. If getting into that hunt was important to them at all they would have been checking up on it. I am not into litigation, (all it does is make the lawyers richer) Fish and Game let the clowns run the circus on this one. I am sure I would have put in for different hunts if I had known this one was going to be a spring draw. I am not sure what I will do now.
          got nothing to do with " the locals" try Anchorage and non residents. and i too would have put in for other hunts. i signed a contract and expected it to be met...

now because of all the publicity i am betting that the draw numbers at least double over last year or the year before.. and that pretty washes any argument that may have swayed me to support a license fee raise this year or next...
          "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

Originally posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
            I am not too familiar with the moose hunting supplements. I focus on Goats and Sheep. Can someone tell me the background on these moose drawings and why they are so popular and hard to draw?

because there are nearly 700 any bull tags in one of the most popular to hunt places in the state and nearly 200 of those are road acessabel...

the season is a week longer then most parts of the state. so all the weekend warriors that miss out in the valley or south get a second chance to come in on the prime of rut. and lay waste. and that is what it is. I have a lot of fun hunting and living here, but it is a MOOSE slaughter when the southern boys show up with the ANY tag...

for years they allowed the cows to be slaughtered in the same manner. last year it was august 28 before i seen a moose in their.. then the rut started and the cows showed .. all 22 of them...with a few bulls a day wandering in. by the end of the week there were maybe 5 bulls left ... and i counted 35 with sub legal and spike racks leaving...

the pressure is too high
            the tag numbers are too high
            the crowds are to competative...

it is like reds on the russian...except you have a high powered rifle in one or two drainages... the moose migrate to for the rut..

all of us local are up set about it.. ONE the MOOSE numbers are not there
            Two... we get our roads and trails tore to hell by folks that don't care

and three we are getting pushed out of our back yards by some of the RUDEST hostile over zealot people around.

because it is about killing now a days and not hunting.

welcome to the out door channel in AK.
            "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

A close friend called Fish & Game to find out what was going on. He was told that a big player in their decision to postpone the draw was because so many of the locals didn't hear about the winter draw. They rely on pulling a spot on the draw to fill their freezer. Now take that for what it may is second hand info, but I am confident in the info provided to me. Trust me I am as pissed as the next guy. I thought that would be a good opportunity to get a draw for the guy that put in for it.

Comment

The 20A drawing was delayed until spring, if they have delayed the 2/6/09 results then something else is going on...
                “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Can people not read??

I went through every page of that monster supplement. All 6 pages at the most when I made my picks.

What a joke that the whiners DIDN'T have time in a month to read it....

And no I didn't apply for 20A either.

If hunting and putting food on the table is such a high priority maybe more people should pick it up and see what is out there.

Fish and Game has been changing the regs on a yearly basis.

Comment

Can they legally do that to the unit 20 draw? I don’t think the justification for moving it to the spring draw is good enough. F&G is weak. They should stand up to their original decision and tell people to pay better attention to the supplement. It's plain and simple "Read the supplements" You cannot tell me everyone is too busy in the winter to take 5 minutes and figure out what is in there. I guess this is only a temporary problem being they are going to one draw a year next winter. I can only imagine the crying that's going to take place next winter when people miss out on every draw because they don’t think they were properly notified.

Comment

when they switched the sheep and goat hunts and probably koyokuk moose hunts to the winter draw people missed out on putting in....such is life deal with it and you will REMEMBER look for it next year. Only grounds i see is if there is a legal requirtement by state law to make the notification to public but " X " # of days prior to happening then it would be justified. BUT there is no reason to delay the posting of names for the sheep and goat.:mad: COME ON 5 PM I LOVE THE WAY THEY POST ON 'PUTER AS THEY CLOSE TO AVOID PHONE CALLS.
                      RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
                      MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Comment

get a life

Originally posted by Vince View Post
                        because there are nearly 700 any bull tags in one of the most popular to hunt places in the state and nearly 200 of those are road acessabel...

the season is a week longer then most parts of the state. so all the weekend warriors that miss out in the valley or south get a second chance to come in on the prime of rut. and lay waste. and that is what it is. I have a lot of fun hunting and living here, but it is a MOOSE slaughter when the southern boys show up with the ANY tag...

for years they allowed the cows to be slaughtered in the same manner. last year it was august 28 before i seen a moose in their.. then the rut started and the cows showed .. all 22 of them...with a few bulls a day wandering in. by the end of the week there were maybe 5 bulls left ... and i counted 35 with sub legal and spike racks leaving...

the pressure is too high
                        the tag numbers are too high
                        the crowds are to competative...

it is like reds on the russian...except you have a high powered rifle in one or two drainages... the moose migrate to for the rut..

all of us local are up set about it.. ONE the MOOSE numbers are not there
                        Two... we get our roads and trails tore to hell by folks that don't care

and three we are getting pushed out of our back yards by some of the RUDEST hostile over zealot people around.

because it is about killing now a days and not hunting.

welcome to the out door channel in AK.
                        First off, Im one of the locals.

Frist-You make it sound like you have more rights to those permits than others
                        Second you make it sound like everyone gets a Draws a permit- Its a draw,MOST wont draw.

Third you can only have a CHANCE at a permit every other year if you do draw

Im reminding everone I know to put in, and Im sure my buddies and I will be passing you in the BOGS as we fly by you in our ARGO's

On a side note, anyone notice that theres nothing in the paper about results being released todaY? Can you say wait some more

Comment

The 20A delay works out for me I may put in for one of those tagsdurring the next supplement. I didn't because I didn't want to waste a moose permit if I draw a good sheep tag since I wouldn't be able to do both. Now that problem is solved!

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                            The 20A delay works out for me I may put in for one of those tagsdurring the next supplement. I didn't because I didn't want to waste a moose permit if I draw a good sheep tag since I wouldn't be able to do both. Now that problem is solved!
                            good point

Comment

Originally posted by akhunter02 View Post
                              First off, Im one of the locals.

Frist-You make it sound like you have more rights to those permits than others
                              Second you make it sound like everyone gets a Draws a permit- Its a draw,MOST wont draw.

Third you can only have a CHANCE at a permit every other year if you do draw

Im reminding everone I know to put in, and Im sure my buddies and I will be passing you in the BOGS as we fly by you in our ARGO's

On a side note, anyone notice that theres nothing in the paper about results being released todaY? Can you say wait some more
                              Only time I have ever seen anything as far as draw permits is when the draw results have come out. You guys keep saying it's not going to happen today, until F&G updates their site and says so I'll believe them.

Comment

I think a few people need to switch to decaff this morning. lol
                                only 8hr 18min left, set your watch.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X