Unit 20 moose hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit 20 moose hunt

Does anyone have information on unit 20B or 20D? Specifically I am curious about access. Is the Tanana river navigable upriver from the Richardson Hwy with a prop? What about moose populations. Also curious about the Eastern half of 20B.

Yes the Tanana is navigable with a prop up from the Richardson bridge to an extent. You will not be able to do a lot of exploring off the river in the sloughs and creeks coming in to it.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by cdakrwm View Post
      Does anyone have information on unit 20B or 20D? Specifically I am curious about access. Is the Tanana river navigable upriver from the Richardson Hwy with a prop? What about moose populations. Also curious about the Eastern half of 20B.
      If you have never run the Tanana with a prop I would make sure you bring extras. I have beached my jet where I ran just days earlier. It drops pretty quick in Sep, I have seen a foot over night! How far east of 20b? It is mostly military land. Good luck!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X