DM768 - DM773 unit 20A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM768 - DM773 unit 20A

So I put in for these hunts for moose, I just read a letter, from biologist Don Young, that says they didn't give out adequate public notice, it was in the hunt supplement, so what's the problem? When I pay to be in a drawing, I expect it to be drawn as advertised. I've got numerous emails out on this. :mad:
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

draw threads

Several threads/complaints going on that very subject. It has been postponed, you'll just have to wait. Some links for you below.

I cant wait until this is over. I dont even care if I win at this point.......ok lets see if reverse psycology works

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=47184

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=45540

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=47006

Comment

Roger that...I thought there should be a thread with the numbers in the title. I'm hoping enough people take action and force the F&G to follow the rules they set out.
      “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by GreginAlaska View Post
        Roger that...I thought there should be a thread with the numbers in the title. I'm hoping enough people take action and force the F&G to follow the rules they set out.

Good luck on that one them and the LEO that enforce the laws interpret them as they see fit. I applied as well and am a bit peed off, this is the first time I have heard of a drawing being postponed due to people not reading the supplement or regs.
        http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoformudv View Post
          Good luck on that one them and the LEO that enforce the laws interpret them as they see fit. I applied as well and am a bit peed off, this is the first time I have heard of a drawing being postponed due to people not reading the supplement or regs.
          Let's make our luck...email the commissioner, Palin, your senator and rep and cc a lawyer. If enough people speak up, it might change. Can't hurt anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by GreginAlaska View Post
            Let's make our luck...email the commissioner, Palin, your senator and rep and cc a lawyer. If enough people speak up, it might change. Can't hurt anyways.

I have already posted my email to the commissioner, and told him i for see this as a class action waiting to happen when the people that applied in the winter DO not get tags. there is not much we can do. at this point except wait.. it s all about revenue
            "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

Idea

This is bummer and sorry for all invloved. I do understand simple economics and that is what this is about. Guess to me the noble thing for F & G to do would be draw this winter, and how many tags are left re-open for spring draw.

Comment

Originally posted by AK LIVIN View Post
                This is bummer and sorry for all invloved. I do understand simple economics and that is what this is about. Guess to me the noble thing for F & G to do would be draw this winter, and how many tags are left re-open for spring draw.
                in speaking with them, this was an idea they considerered.... how ever rejected.
                "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

If someone misses the deadline for the Perm Fund they dont get a do over. I filed for the 20A hunt and got the same letter from Fish and Game. It seems to me they should give the people that applied on time preference points like they do for the Tier 2 permits.

Comment

That totally bites but oh well. I paid attention when applying, so I get the shaft now because of some whiners out there?

I hope those that forgot and whined enough get their moose permits and their moose. Also hope F&G gets a bunch more revenue from this, which of course is the reasoning for the delay, anyways. More money the better, right?

Comment

It's all BS. So if I cry enough I can get the Bison tag I have been trying to get forever? This is crap period!

Comment

Email address for the Fairbanks office

dfg.dwc.pubinfoR3@alaska.gov

the director

doug.larsen@alaska.gov

how to find your rep and senator

http://w3.legis.state.ak.us/misc/districts.php

Sarah Palin

governor@gov.state.ak.us

Attorney Wayne Ross

WARALASKA@alaska.com

Comment

Greg who is atty, Wayne Ross? and what is his involvement in this? does he have a willing participation?

meet on face book here

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
                            Greg who is atty, Wayne Ross? and what is his involvement in this? does he have a willing participation?
                            He's a lawyer from Anchorage, he's not involved in it but I'm trying to change that. I think he has ran for governor a time or two and he was a big wig with the NRA at one time...plus he can be easy to stir up. :cool:

Comment

F&G is on firm ground on this one guys. The precedent was set on other hunts and a lawsuit will just cost you money. Chance does not equate to harm. Therefore, no harm, no lawsuit. JMG could speak to this if he was amind to, but I doubt he will. This is not the first time this has happened. I could be specific here, but don't have the time right now. Suffice to say, they did not give enough notice, to garner the response they know is out there. They are not going to sell these few moose off, cheaply. High demands means high revenue. These hunts are the cream of the crop and they know it.
                              This forum and others like it, could prevent this from happening in the future, if posters would post changes when they see them. Too many people these days don't go to the official F&G website for info and hardly anyone really reads the supplements. Is it right, NO, but it is the way it is. Just like elections, no one reads the supplements provided, they already have their minds made up by the media and the internet forums.
                              Good Luck in the draw everyone.

SP
                              "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                              ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X