Nice ram at Mile 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice ram at Mile 106

Saw a nice ram on the drive back from Aleyeska. Figured I would share the pic. Makes you want to get out and train for season.
    [ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	P1240184.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	2505573[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Originally posted by stratofisher View Post
    Saw a nice ram on the drive back from Aleyeska. Figured I would share the pic. Makes you want to get out and train for season.
    [ATTACH][ATTACH]13832[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    He might not make if the moron that shot old one eye gets to him.
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Comment

Nice pic's. He looks a little under leagal.

B.B. that was a shame when they shot that one, I used to enjoy seeing him on the way to Soldotna

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_skipper View Post
        that was a shame when they shot that one, I used to enjoy seeing him on the way to Soldotna
        +1

As a hunter, i love having the chance to see large Alaskan game, even when i am not hunting. That was a sad day for sure.

Comment

Young Ram

He's not legal!!!!, not even full curl, give him two more years.....CK

Comment

Legal? If you just click on the picture it looks like he ends just below his eye. If you click on the picture again and zoom in it looks like he gets really thin and comes past full curl, may just be an optical illusion though. From the picture, I would give him a second look before passing him up.

Hope he's around to enjoy for a while.

Comment

Never mind, not legal. Thought both pictures were the same and only clicked the bottom picture. From the top picture he definately needs another year or two.

Comment

Not legal

but looks health.

Comment

7/8 Curl would be my guess. Sure looks healthy though!

Comment

Nice!

Man...that's sweet! Thanks for posting the photo. Maybe I'll run out there with the video camera and get some "footage" for the last Dall Sheep episode that aired
                    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Comment

hmnn

Is that area ever even open for hunting with a permit?

Originally posted by stratofisher View Post
                      [ATTACH][ATTACH]13832[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Comment

Not sure if this is the same ram, but he's definitely not legal. There we're a dozen or so sheep right along the Seward Highway eating grass along the shoulder near one of the pullouts a few weeks ago.

Comment

Legal means 8 years old too?

Comment

This ram was not a full curl on his right side.

Comment

first picture, head up

What am I seeing in the 1st photo? The one with his head up. See the white dot on the rock face above his head? Look down to just above his nose. Is that his right side horn sticking out?
                              Whatever I am looking at I don't see in the second picture with his head down. It almost looks like his right horn turns up? If it did turn straight up wouldn't that complete the circle for a full curl ram?
                              Any of you guys hunt sheep more than me, what do you think?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X