Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Port Gravina

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Port Gravina

    Just wondering if anyone has hunted this area for bears? Was thinking it might be a good location spring or fall. Bit of a drive in a boat.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

    Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

  • #2
    Bears

    Are you looking to go guided? Or are you on your own?
    Justin

    Comment


    • #3
      On my own. Guided hunts are a bit too rich for what I make. Just wondering bear numbers and size. Any good locations to anchor overnight or camp? Anything to look out for etc?
      http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

      Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have not hunted this area before but do hang out down there in the summers shark fishing and for work. I see black bears almost everytime i am in there. Most are seen along the south shore of Gravina. The best spots to anchor are gonna probably be on the north side of the bay. Good luck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bears Yes

          But Fidalgo is better. Easier terrain. Lots of goats in both places as well. Hunt efforts should be focused above treeline in fall. Along the rocky drainages in spring. Fall is always easier.
          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

          Comment


          • #6
            two guides are working gravina bay and three are in fidalgo. one of them runs a huge outfitt and doen't have any land use permits and can only hunt the beach line, no need to worry about him but you'll see plenty of boat activity. lots of good bears taken out the BACKS of the valleys, nine plus quiet often, good blackies and goats like everyone says. just be prepared for the all the boats and people, gets a big crowded in may and oct.
            Www.blackriverhunting.com
            Master guide 212

            Comment


            • #7
              Oct Crowds

              Bronco,
              Let me know if you go, & what its looks like. I was thinking on going in to fildago on the 3rd week of Oct but with the info BrownBear just provided I might wait till next year & try & go earlier to beat the crowds.
              I would really like to go but am afriad that many people would push the animals ( goats ) to far back.

              Comment


              • #8
                Bears!

                I was goat hunting between Comfort cove in Port Gravina and Sheep Bay from 9/15 thru 9/18. TONS of bear sign. Saw a real bruiser the day we flew in. In the 4 days we were there we spotted at least 2 different black bears and had 5 sightings. We saw all of them on the Sheep Bay side but the sign and trails were on both sides of the pass. We didn't feel like packing one all that far though.

                If you would like more details let me know. I have some pictures of the area if you are interested.

                Good luck!

                TT

                Comment


                • #9
                  email

                  NE, sent you a pm.
                  thanks

                  Comment

                  Footer Adsense

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X