moose sheds????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moose sheds????

ive herd people start finding them this time of year just wondering if anyone has found any this year

Sheds

I haven`t found any yet, but this is the time of year to start looking, especially around willow patches that you know like to hang around.

Comment

Look here: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=antler

Comment

Moose Sheds....

Originally posted by bryasch View Post
        ive herd people start finding them this time of year just wondering if anyone has found any this year
        Had two bulls in the backyard the other day. One bull only had one antler left and the other bull was rubbing a birch pretty hard. I'm assuming he was trying to get rid of them.

Comment

Lots of info posted in the archives. Do a search. With all the snow that has melted, sheds are easy to find right now. Look on the flats between Anch and Wasilla, in the swamp about a mile north of Houston to the west, powerline pass on the Anch hillside, up Eagle River Valley along the powerlines and any river bottoms or glacial morianes that might be near your location.
          SP
          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Ooops

Too late, they've all been picked. They all get picked up Jan 1 through Jan 10. God luck next year.

Comment

Originally posted by whitepalm View Post
              Too late, they've all been picked. They all get picked up Jan 1 through Jan 10. God luck next year.
              Assuming you found some?

I was going to go out hare hunting today, but it's spitting rain and the snow is crunchy where I was going to go. Maybe I'll go shed hunting instead.

Comment

we scored

The little shed was found on the trail. I strapped it to the sled and then found a matching set not 200 ft farther down the trail - side by side! Sometimes ya just gets lucky!
                The matching set was right close to a 50" bull.

On a side note, we found 4 wolf (moose) kills from this winter in a 10 mile stretch. I think there was at least one more but we couldn't find the kill site. A cow/calf pair were only days old. We had a light snow overnight which revealed a single wolf coming back to the cow/calf kill. I never saw the wolf but the .204 ruger was sure ready to play.

I cut the tracks of the same pack in that fresh snow but lost them after a 15 mile pursuit. We had a great weekend and I got the antler bug again!

This all took place on Moose kill MT near Antler Creek just south of wolf pack run
                Attached Files

Comment

one more pic

A pic from the early a.m
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cool/exalta

right on guy's- dude's,sure wish i could go out and about here for there is brown and white in them their hills,weather has hampered us here and getting out and about is hard,near bare ground now and creek that overflowith now settleing,never seen it like it is now...great pics
                    www.akbushguides.com

Comment

Great find, does your lab ride in the trailer some been thinking of taking the lab with me on a trip on the sled but he can not run forever.

Thanks

Comment

I have flown over the glacier the past few years I have spotted a place where it seems as if the bulls have droped forever as i have seen piles of hornsin a small plot of ground
                        sigpic
                        22' SeaSport coho
                        TigerBight call sign

Comment

dog on snogo

AKFISHON - My lab actually sits her butt between my legs on puts her feet on the gas tank. We rode in 30 miles like that. A little challenging at times but she goes where dad goes! Of course she gets her share of running as well.
                          Attached Files

Comment

found another today

I saw 2 bulls, one shed out, one still packin, on Decmeber 26th and finally made it back to the willow patch for a look see. Low and behold I found one side of the shed out bull. I scoured the area pretty hard but didn't find the other side - I think it's there.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Flew several hours in the Talkeetna's yesterday and saw no less than six Bulls with racks. Only one had a single horn. There's a lot of Moose in the mountains, we spotted over 80-100 animals in a two hour flight.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X