Drawing Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akhunter02 View Post
    have always needed a guide for sheep, you didnt use one on your chgach Hunt?
    Yep, I used a guide. The cost of a guide is why many of us non-residents consider it a "once-in-a-lifetime" hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by akhunter02 View Post
      Chucach is now the hot spot for draws
      Not so sure about that. The # of tags in 14C was cut pretty dramatically this year, and they also got rid of the ewe permits because overall numbers are down. I did the October archery hunt this year and only saw 1 band of ewes in an area that I usually see at least 5-6 bands of sheep and 15-25 rams. I also heard second hand reports from other hunters this year, and all came back with pretty dismal reports on the total # of sheep in this part of the Chugach. Maybe 14A and 13D are faring better?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ HUNTN AK View Post
        I would really like to draw a Fort Rich Moose tag! I would love to be able to hunt those huge animals, with my bow, so close to town!
        what about unit 14 archery only season? If you live in Palmer you should be able to bow hunt moose out there from August 10-17 if you have your IBEP certification.

Comment

i gotcha oak...
          not to jack this thread but this mount would be wayyy cooler than a sheep mount to me.
          10'6" Kodiak...ahhhh nice.

Www.blackriverhunting.com
          Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
            i gotcha oak...
            not to jack this thread but this mount would be wayyy cooler than a sheep mount to me.
            10'6" Kodiak...ahhhh nice.

Yep, it doesn't get better than that, IMO. My dream bear right there. Awesome.

Comment

Bison, because of the steak, can't eat the horns and there are plenty of other places to hunt the rest of those critters
              I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

If I had more room in my house, I would have more interest in the bear hunt. That is one hell of a mount. Hopefully this will be my year for the TMA and then I can cross that one off my list.

Comment

Id just like to draw a easy moose tag. Like a cow around willow or the any bull in 20A. It would be just a nice break to have a easy laid back meat fillin' trip!

Id also take that Bison!

Comment

Nice mount

BRWNBR
                    **** that is a nice mount.

Even with a small house I would find room for that.

As far as a once in a life time hunt, I still have to much that I would like to try.

Good luck to all this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

Tough choice

wow. I've been lucky enough to draw each of those tags (except musk-ox only photographed them, never applied) at least once and harvested on all of them. One year I actually drew all of them, or almost all of them, I don't remember. The family drew 13 tags that year - wish we could have spread them out over a couple of years!! Anyway, I have to think about narrowing it down from Kodiak BB, Bison, and DCU sheep. All top hunts. But once in a lifetime? Probably the ...... Kodiak BB. We were lucky to survive hypothermia and killed a 10-6 bear at 6 feet. Spent a month in Kodiak on the boat, fishing, crabbing and chasing bears. yup, I'd have to go with the Kodiak spring bear.

Comment

My vote is for a big bull bison. Every other species can be hunted somewhere in the state on a general harvest permit or a registration tag. A bull bison draw tag is truely unique in comparison to the rest. Think of that monster shoulder mount on your wall, a tanned back hide over your couch and bison burgers sizzlin' on the grill.

I think number two would be Unimak Island brown bear.

Comment

geez seinerman, now we know why most of us don't draw the tags!! wow, some guys just hit it right ALOT...
                          i'd take unimak island brown bear as a second choice as well.
                          Www.blackriverhunting.com
                          Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                            DS123 - You'd be the only hunter with that tag besides a possible gov permit winner, and there are some absolute hogs in there.
                            Same here plus I have never drawn a sheep tag so this would be like winning the lottery for me.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X